Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had experience with these? i always see the huge ads in the fronts of Mustang Monthly and Mustangs and Fords magazines, but i don't have any real-world experience with them. what interests me the most is their grab-a-trak suspension kits that are cheap enough for my price range....

any advice? thx

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I've dealt with both. I see your in Oklahoma, you may want to look into something a little closer for larger items, shipping charges will add up quickly. Occasionally you find someone with a deal on shipping. I think the majority of the Mustang parts houses use the same vendors; Scott drake, distinctive industries, etc, etc. If you can get the parts for the same price through Dallas Mustang or Mustang parts of Oklahoma, it would be worth the money for a raod trip. Heck, you could come down to Dallas for the Dallas Mustang open house this weekend and save 10% or whatever it was they were offering. That said, both Mustangs Plus and Mustang depot were fine to deal with and I didn't have any problems, I just feel money could be saved not paying shipping. Just my $.02

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'd love to be able to do shop around, but i don't really have the opportunity. being in high school kinda limits my schedule and opportunities. when i get this coupe, i think i'm gonna get a loan of about 6k or so and get all the big stuff taken care of (body/paint, suspension, etc). i'm just looking to the get the easiest-to-deal-with people that have a nice selection and price range, which mustang plus/depot seem to be.

thx! anyone else?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Don't fall for the noob mistake. Those Mustang rags are beholden to their advertisers. Fast68back hit the nail on the head; shipping costs will add up. I haven't spent one dime at Mustangs Plus in years. Cannot comment on Mustang Depot. Use the Internet to get the best price. Recommend hitting Opentracker's website for suspension products.

Link

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
One thing to keep in mind, call before you order anything on-line and make sure the items are in stock. Not every parts place will carry everything in their catalog, more than likely you'll end up with stuff on backorder, I've had it happen with brakes, headers, trim pieces, etc. Its tough to work on a car when its your only car.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I've dealt with both and prefer Mustang Depot. Ask for Jay and tell him Dave sent you ;)

I agree with others, shipping leaf springs isn't usually cheap. I had a new set of grab-a-tracks laying around that I just sold to a local VMFer for $35. Putting them on eBay would have been a losing effort due to the shipping.

Also agree with the Mustang magazine comment... I haven't looked at an issue in years. They're all glorified advertisements for the major suppliers and rarely was there any enlightening information.

Dave

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
I'm in Ohio and I bought my springs from Mustang Plus. I've had bad luck with other springs. I was very pleased with all of the purchases I had with M+.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks all. i didn't want to order from a company that you've all had issues with and be left in the dark about it lol.

thx

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I have M+ upper & lower controls arms, front sway bar, tie rods and idler arm, no problems.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I've spent thousands at Mustang Depot and have had good luck. They seem professional and prompt when I order. I usually buy from NPD, but they don't carry certain items that Mustang Depot does. I've kept my distance from M+ due to others' stories, and the fact that I think their restomod cars are hideous. ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've purchased a lot from Mustangs plus. Never had a problem with them. Never dealt with Mustang Depot. The only reason i like M+ is because they have a lot of different Restomod parts.
Obviously if I can buy parts locally,I do that before i will pay for shipping. Mustnags Unlimited is in CT and is convenient for me, but if thye don't carry what I'm looking for I order it on line.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have never dealt with Mustang Depot but have with Mustangs Plus, actually have a current order with them. Generaly good service with them but have had some problems. Now I mainly use Mustangs Unlimited, found better service, better prices, better shipping even to the west coast. I do shop around but usually go with Mustangs Unlimited.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Never dealt with Mustang Depot, Mustangs Plus had good service and the LCA's I got from them are very good quality. Mustangs Unlimited has always treated me well service wise, took returns without issue, but I did have to return some items because I wasn't satisfied with their quality.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have dealt with M+ and Mustang Depot. I had one small problem w/ M+, but they were awesome to deal with to get it resolved. Would recommend either of these vendors.

I had rear leafs shipped to me. I think it was like $30, but don't remember for sure? My local shop didn't carry or sell 5-leaf mid-eyes and I didn't want stock springs. The price I got them for was actually as good as buying stock springs locally even with the shipping.

There are so many vendors that stock this stuff that it is important to shop around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts