Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does $60 seem extreme for shipping a dash pad to Massachusetts from mustangs to fear. I ended up buying one from NPD for $75 less and $15 shipping saving $135 I hope it fits.

·
Registered
787 Posts
It just goes to show that it pays to shop around. Shipping has gotten really expensive lately, and M2F may not be doing enough business to get decent discounts from UPS/FedEx. I wouldn't hold a grudge against M2F though. They seem to still be one of the "good" companies to buy stuff from. Of course, NPD is as well, and I feel always will be as long as it stays under the current ownership.

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Shipping is quite high with m2f. I really wanted to order some patch panels but the shipping is half the costs. Again, can't blame them as I know it's not cheap to ship unless you're shipping truck loads.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I'll pay the extra shipping to support a company that offers the level of customer support that MTF does. NPD seems to have good support for such a large company (especially compared to the 4 letter competitor), but it can't compare to a 10 person company like MTF who will take calls on their cell phone on a Saturday if you are having trouble installing something.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Convertible
867 Posts
What year dash? My family just bought me the 67 dash from M2F for bday and they did complain about shipping. The dash from NPD is not the same as long as you know that. I'll make a post when I install later this week.

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
I'll pay the extra shipping to support a company that offers the level of customer support that MTF does. NPD seems to have good support for such a large company (especially compared to the 4 letter competitor), but it can't compare to a 10 person company like MTF who will take calls on their cell phone on a Saturday if you are having trouble installing something.
This^ I have every intention of making some big purchases from them when the time comes but it still stings a bit. I've considered taking a road trip out there to see their facility (if they'll show me) And i love road trips.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Shipping is a real sticking point these days. Some vendors, especially smaller ones, probably can't afford the Amazon Free shipping model. Heck, I just paid $20 shipping for a pair of racing shoes from a specialty supplier !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts