Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Mustangs Unlimited Bargains

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
Took a quick trip to M/U in Connecticut yesterday..needed to buy a few things for my '70 Vert..I broused through their for sale items..while waiting for a clerk to fill my order..picked up a fan shroud for my vert..slight crack on the bottom, but fixable..30 bucks!..lists for $74..also picked up, seat backs 5 bucks apiece..they had tons of stuff, slightly damaged that was still in great condition..they even had one GP40 head..yes one..brand new for 300 bucks...lots of stuff..if anyone is close to them..it's worth a trip..it was like walking through a salvage yard without the mud and dirt..*LOL*

'59 T-Bird..[color:blue]'70 Mustang Convert</font color=blue>...[color:green]'72 Mach One</font color=green>
http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/t-bird.jpg
The Black Bird At 42,she's the oldest in my Ford stable

#2 ·
If only I lived in The States....

Over here these things don't happen ......

At least not at reputable companies....

Columbo
http://members.brabant.chello.nl/a.schroeders/Columbo66.jpg http://members.brabant.chello.nl/a.schroeders/Columbo66_2.jpg
First time rolling restoration, 66 289 nearing completion.

#5 ·
The Atlanta location also has a ton of "scratch and dent" stuff in the lobby. Mostly hoods with dents and stuff like that but I occassionally see some interesting stuff.

The best time to get them is right after they have their year-end inventory and want to get rid of their bad merch.

J. Boggs

G
#6 ·
They usually bring a bunch of that stuff to the Carlisle shows and sell it cheap, only thing is it sells quick.Seems they are always late getting there-late Fridays usually-unlike most vendors who are setup and running by Thursday.I picked up a complete new repo 67 dash set-instrument bezel and the 4 other pieces one year that had some defects in black paint for like $40 for everything off of them.

1967 S code GT Deluxe Coupe 65B
1966 Convertible 76B 289 4 speed

Descendent of Francois Seguin dit Laderoute,
Soldier Regiment d' Carignan, New France 1665-1668

#7 ·
But the mud and dirt are the best part of the junkyard experience! *G*

Glenn Morgan: 66 GT V-Burgundy Fastback 351w+toploader+9 in. TracLoc. Started out as a rusted-out Chicago-area crusher. After sacrificing a solid 66 coupe for its sheetmetal sub-assemblies, I have one solid (and expensive) work in progress!

#8 ·
you found something, 90% of the junk they have hung up all over the place is just that! My brother and I laugh our asses off everytime we go there now because they keep hanging up more crap with insane prices. Not to mention that most of their 'scratch and dent' sheetmetal should really be termed "parts you could never get straight, but we will give you 15% off".

jayelinke@yahoo.com
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT

G
#9 ·
Thanks to everyone with their mention of our clearance parts. We are currently cleaning out a section of warehouse where many take-off originals have been stored (dry). We are putting those in our lobby at the CT location and have trucked some down to the GA store as well.

We are updating the list on our webpage-www.mustangsunlimited.com under 'classifieds' if you would like to look.

We generally update the list every Friday and Monday to reflect recent sales. If you have a specific need , call Brad at (860) 647-1965 x 210 and he can take a look for you!

Michael O'Brien
Managing Director of Sales and Marketing
Mustangs Unlimited

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.