Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, mustang unlimited it going out of business just heard that....I ordered parts from them then realized they have pretty much nothing in stock on there website and when you call phone goes to voicemail immediately this is 5 days in a row. Then I just heard from a freind that they’re getting out of business!

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
yep

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just figured I’d put it up for people who didn’t know I’ve seen a lot of posts recently people saying they’re looking for parts and that’s one of the places they’re looking

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Never liked some of their policies. But hate to see anyone go out of business.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Wow.......Dallas Mustang and now Mustangs Unlimited. I think Mustangs Unlimited have been around since the 80's. I bought my 1st 66 Mustang in 85 and it came with a Mustangs Unlimited catalog. I may still have it at my parents house. I want to say, Virigina Mustang has been around since the late 80's also.

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Wow.......Dallas Mustang and now Mustangs Unlimited. I think Mustangs Unlimited have been around since the 80's. I bought my 1st 66 Mustang in 85 and it came with a Mustangs Unlimited catalog. I may still have it at my parents house. I want to say, Virigina Mustang has been around since the late 80's also.
My "go - to" vendors, these days is Virginia Mustang and NPD. VA Mustang, because the they are 1-2 UPS days from me....and they are "good" folks to deal with.

Reactions: Fly2xs

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Heard about this quite some time ago. Too bad. Bought my car in 2004 and had been using them and Glazier Nolan ever since. Never had a bad experience and the crew was very helpful.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Virginia Mustang has been around since at least the early 80’s. I used to get parts from them when I was living in VA. Bought a 66 coupe in 83 and drove it through college. I visited Va mustang several times including once in 84 or 85 to pick up a transmission. Always great service and support.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thats a big shame. MU were my vendor of choice back in the 90s when I was restoring my '68. No internet back then, just faxed my orders through & never got a wrong part. Still, it happened for a reason & time to move on. My one stop now is NPD for all my Mustang needs.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Kentucky Mustang has a nice paper catalog, an easy to navigate website, helpful and courteous guy that answered the phone when I had a question about my drop shipped ACC carpet AND gave me a couple of free decals just for asking. Look out you know who.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
never liked MU. always long hold times to the point Id hang up

I used to drive up to the Hartford store in the 80s and they always had long faces and were short on words

·
Registered
10,351 Posts
I worked at MU the summer of '89 when at UCONN. Learned a lot, met a lot of great people. Kevin in sales was a huge help for us "black sheep" 71-73 guys. A couple other guys there had bought driver quality B2 & B9 cars that summer for what a rusty 6 cyl 69-70 sportsroof sells for nowadays. From what I gather, the owner went through some health issues. He's in his 60's now and owns quite a bit of commercial real estate in that area, so retiring and living the landlord life probably isn't a tough decision for him.

I'll miss the store, as it was only a 45 minute drive from me. I've had my issues with them over the years, but they always made it right. The two hour wait in the showroom really never changed in 30 years of buying parts from them.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
I worked at MU the summer of '89 when at UCONN. Learned a lot, met a lot of great people. Kevin in sales was a huge help for us "black sheep" 71-73 guys. A couple other guys there had bought driver quality B2 & B9 cars that summer for what a rusty 6 cyl 69-70 sportsroof sells for nowadays. From what I gather, the owner went through some health issues. He's in his 60's now and owns quite a bit of commercial real estate in that area, so retiring and living the landlord life probably isn't a tough decision for him.

I'll miss the store, as it was only a 45 minute drive from me. I've had my issues with them over the years, but they always made it right. The two hour wait in the showroom really never changed in 30 years of buying parts from them.
I lived in CT back in the 70s. MU was just a little shop back then, but it was the first “Mustang” shop/store I ever saw.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Just got a email from them a few minutes ago, announcing their "January clearance sale". "Rock Bottom prices on all in stock items, and free shipping on orders over $49.95"

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just got a email from them a few minutes ago, announcing their "January clearance sale". "Rock Bottom prices on all in stock items, and free shipping on orders over $49.95"
I just received an email blast from MU for January Clearance Sale...
I put this post up because I ordered and never received anything but also never got charged so it wasn’t the biggest deal but I advice proceed with caution

1 - 20 of 30 Posts