Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350-Tribute Restomod. 2019 Shelby GT350.
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's an item that may be of interest to the Restomod folks. My '65 Fastback has the seat pans relocated lower & further aft to improve leg-room and head-room. When using a racing harness, it's a long reach to shift the transmission into 1st and 3rd. I am considering this remote shifter as a possible remedy.

MustangsPlus is taking reservations for their "Speed Shift" Remote Shifter. This product was available a few years ago (and discussed in this forum 10+ years ago), but went out of production for a while. MustangPlus will build more if they get enough reservations.

Jim

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have been running one for a few months. Noticed they weren't being made anymore so I kept an eye out for one on ebay and cl. I really like it. Much better position and shorter throw than the long bar alternative...

·
Premium Member
5,924 Posts
I like the one I came up with myself. On the road for about 10K miles now and still no adjustments required. Search for the thread titled "Remote Short-Throw Shifter" if curious. That Mustangs Plus shifter has been out of production for what, 5-7 years? People were selling them used should tell you something, the base for them isn't substantial to trust long-term I've read, not to mention they look wonky. Mine can be covered up with a custom console so it doesn't show:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Made my own as well. It's one of the best mods I have ever made. Shifts like a completely modern car. And I can customize every aspect of how it feels, height, throw, reach etc.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I will certainly let people in this thread know how it holds up. I have gone 1000 miles without issue so far. As far it looking “wonky”, I think it’s the best looking option I’ve seen so far for someone who isn’t hiding it with a console. I wouldn’t mind hiding it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts