Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
-1968 Mustang Coupe -2019 Mercedes CLA250 -2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 6M/T
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been in my family since 2012, my father and I put a lot of time and effort into her. I greatly cherish this car and never plan to sell it.
Here is some details:
-AOD W/ Shift Kit
-Original 289 rebuilt in July 2018
-New 3 Core Radiator (Highly recommend over 2 row)
-4 Barrel Edelbrock 600 Carb
-289 Performance intake manifold
-Comp Cam (done with rebuild)
-3.55 Positraction rear end
-Electronic ignition
-Undercoated the bottom
-and did the Interior when we got the car
Other than all that, kept on top of regular maintenance and care!

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The photos in the garage are the most recent ones (which I just took while posting) I apologize for the poor lighting

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's nice and I'm jealous. My '67 is rebuilt to a similar drivetrain - original 289 rebuilt/ stroked and AOD with shift kit and OD lockout for track fun, 9" with 3.55, etc. I need to get back to work on mine and get it running, have never done the break in start yet after 10 years of sitting. I want to get back out on the road.

How does the AOD perform on the highway, what is your RPM's at 60-70-80 mph? I want to be able to trek out of state for events and tracks and am curious how much the OD will help lower interstate RPM's.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice 68. Someday might will be one shade of white!

Just me, but I’d drop the suspension 1-2 inches, and not touch another thing!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
65 Fastback 289 4 spd, 65 convertible 5.0L 5 spd. 3.73 8.8
212 Posts
This has been in my family since 2012, my father and I put a lot of time and effort into her. I greatly cherish this car and never plan to sell it.
Here is some details:
-AOD W/ Shift Kit
-Original 289 rebuilt in July 2018
-New 3 Core Radiator (Highly recommend over 2 row)
-4 Barrel Edelbrock 600 Carb
-289 Performance intake manifold
-Comp Cam (done with rebuild)
-3.55 Positraction rear end
-Electronic ignition
-Undercoated the bottom
-and did the Interior when we got the car
Other than all that, kept on top of regular maintenance and care!
Nice car, sounds fun to drive!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice 68. Someday might will be one shade of white!

Just me, but I’d drop the suspension 1-2 inches, and not touch another thing!

Enjoy!
I certainly would, but it would probably bottom out on the Long Island roads lol, thank you for the kind words!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's nice and I'm jealous. My '67 is rebuilt to a similar drivetrain - original 289 rebuilt/ stroked and AOD with shift kit and OD lockout for track fun, 9" with 3.55, etc. I need to get back to work on mine and get it running, have never done the break in start yet after 10 years of sitting. I want to get back out on the road.

How does the AOD perform on the highway, what is your RPM's at 60-70-80 mph? I want to be able to trek out of state for events and tracks and am curious how much the OD will help lower interstate RPM's.
It does great on the highway, overdrive does wonders, 55-65 is about 1800-2300 rpm around 80 its about 3100 rpms
I have 1 2 D, 1 locks first gear completely, 2nd does 1st 2nd 3rd and locks out overdrive and if I pull back on the shifter it downshifts on both 2 and D, since it doesn't like to shift into overdrive due to the shift kit I normally lock out overdrive while in town, once I hit the highway I just push it into drive and it upshifts. But yeah, for highway driving its perfect, most of the time you can pass in overdrive nicely. Just make sure the trans cooler is hooked up if you have one, definite recommend if you don't. Thank you again for the kind words!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice 68 coupe. I’m kind of partial to that year as well. Not many of us have C stripe
GC
The C-Stripe has to be my favorite part, thank you for the nice words! I wish I knew more people in my area who have 67-68s

1 - 16 of 16 Posts