Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

This week end I have driving my 1970 Mach1 concours on the road..Good feeling...

I have drived 120 miles and the Mach1 run great with polyglas tires and the engine run a little bit hot in city.

I have seen a small power steering leak.

And the original rebuilt carburetor run not very perfect the idle is not very stable..

I plan to purchased a brand new 4300 Autolite carburetor by Pony Carburetor the next summer at all Ford National at Carlisle.

The rest of the car is perfect...and I have received a lot of compliment concerning this Mach1..

I'm very happy to this first test run...Thanks to MUSTANG INTERNATIONAL

Ray

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I've been running polyglases for years and just last week end switched back to some radials, what a difference! Lets see the car handles twice as good, rides better, and the steering is more responsive, and of course they're wider and bite better. Don't get me wrong polyglases are a beutiful tire but best left for show. I thought ford built in those power steering leaks. I had to put a sealer for power steering and its worked great. If you ever take your car to the strip please let me know what it runs. You may have a vacuum problem, clevelands tend to have intake bolts that loosen on there own. I run factory bolts also. I've seen your car and it looks great, nice job.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Raytags, don't hold it against for what I'm about to say. This holds true for all of the concours trailered cars. All cars need to be driven, and I mean , not just off the trailer. The more a car sits ,seals dry up ( like the carb problem you mentioned ) , lubricants, and wheel bearing grease , etc, just sit dormint. What I am saying is that for a car to work properly it must be driven. Fluids flow, bearing are greased , oil moves through the engine and tranny and the car is happy ! For all of those that do not drive their cars , don't expect them to run properly.. Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts