Vintage Mustang Forums banner

My 1973 Mustang Mach 1 (Clone) Convertible

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  70stang 
#1 ·
Yes, I know there is no such thing as a Mach 1 Convertible....but what the hell!!!

Just about got her finished and ready for weekend cruising. The engine was just rebuilt, bored .30 over, new crank, heads polished, ported, and shaved .10, engine balanced, mild cam, 3 angle valve job, flat top pistons (9.5-1), new valves, springs, and lifters, Holley 650 carb, Headman Headers, and Flowmaster dual exhuast.

Also installed a 9" chunk (3.25 Posi-Trac).

Runs pretty strong but just getting her broken in. My next upgrade will be 15X8 wheels and some new tires.

Detailed Photos

See less See more
#7 ·
Nice work, looks great. :thumbsup:

#8 ·
I like this kind of car....just being built to have fun with and look great too!
There is no harm done in the Mach 1 striping and trim that can't be reversed later if someone wanted to.
If it were mine I'd remove the stick-on moulding on the upper body and when you get your new wheels I think they should be the Magnum 500s just to look right.
Nice Ride!!

#12 ·
+1 on the current wheels, they look great.
+1 on nice car also!

Insurance on old cars: most ins companies will let you can put any value you want, you'll just pay incrementally more in premiums. Insure it for what you have into it or better yet, what you can't afford to lose.
"What it's worth" is a moving target depending on what someone is willing to pay.

#13 ·
I would insure it at least for what you have in it. If you are really attached to it, I would insure it for what it would cost to replace. My insurance company required that my car be appraised before they would insure it for more than 10K. The difference between insuring it for what I had in it and the estimated (appraisers estimate) replacement cost was $40/year. I went with the estimated replacement amount.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.