Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posting an update on my 65 fastback. Its getting closer. I still have odds and ends to finish up before it can get on the road, and lot more then that before it complete. Windows will be coming in in a couple weeks. I will be working on assembling the doors and passenger seat in the time between. Other then that its just making sure things are bolted down and complete.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congratulations! you are almost there and its looking great!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah. I blasted and painted the frames. I had to fix the back stop on the driver's side. Replaced the springs, then attached the foam and upholstery. It was a bit time consuming. If I knew the cost of all the work that had to be put into them I might have just bought some vintage race seats to bolt in instead. But you know hindsight and all that.

Also thanks for the compliments.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Nice work, and love the color. Where did you get the bolts for the fenders as they look great?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice work, and love the color. Where did you get the bolts for the fenders as they look great?
The fender bolts are a Scott Drake set that I picked up from CJ's. The bolts holding the shock covers and export brace are stainless flanged button heads from McMaster. If you use the button heads be sure to spin the nut, not the bolt, or you'll tear up your paint. I found three different paint mixes for the Poppy Red, and this one had the most depth of color. Its the original color and one of the reasons I built this car, its my favorite color.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
The fender bolts are a Scott Drake set that I picked up from CJ's. The bolts holding the shock covers and export brace are stainless flanged button heads from McMaster. If you use the button heads be sure to spin the nut, not the bolt, or you'll tear up your paint. I found three different paint mixes for the Poppy Red, and this one had the most depth of color. Its the original color and one of the reasons I built this car, its my favorite color.

Thanks for getting back to me about the bolts. I'll have to find some as they look great. My color is Rangoon Red, and I too had the same issue with the paint mixes. I found that the one that is spot on is the Fleet version of Rangoon Red. Good luck on the restoration.

Reactions: duoz
1 - 9 of 9 Posts