Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave, one of my employees was looking for a picture frame at Michaels, an art and crafts store at the mall. As you know, the frames always have a picture of a nice couple or some cute kids to fill up the empty space.

His wife saw a frame with a a picture of a Mustang in it and said, "That looks like Dan's car." Sure enough upon closer inspection he could tell the picture had been on the streets of Watkins Glen during the Vintage Grand Prix Festival.
He bought me the frame and I hung it in the shop.

I'll bet the guy that took it didn't know it was a clone. ::

P.S. It's a cheap black plastic frame but I love it anyway. And I didn't even have to put a picture in it!

Dan

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Well, if they were pictures of YOUR kids, you might!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Seriously, I say you look up the frame manufacturer and ask for some cash! :: Help you finance your other projects! :p

K

·
0 Posts
frame manufacturer???
You must remember he found the frame at Michaels. Doubt if the manufacturer is even in this hemisphere. :: :D :D :D And no doubt legal issues are their lowest concern. ::

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
When you put your car in a parade, you've voluntarily placed the view of the car in the public domain, thus surrendoring your legal rights to exclusive commercial exploitation of the likeness of the vehicle at that event. You would be hard pressed to obtain any royalty payments. Think of it. Some yahoo robs a bank and then sues for royalties when the surviellance film is shown on the news. I don't think so. It's like a person becoming a public figure. They don't get royalties when their photo shows up in the paper, provided that the photo is of their appearance in public. On the other hand, if your car is in your garage, even though you had it in a parade one time, no one can legally sneak up and take pictures then market the photos, without owing you royalties. Get it? Hope I explained it well.

Bottom line - when you put your car in a car show, you can't insist on payment for any pictures taken at the event which include your car - same goes for a parade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts