·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o that is a good question. At this time i have almost finished rebuilding the whole drive train. But after that as you can tell i dont need to really do much for the interior. But yea i will put up some more pictures tommarow. But i am going for the stock look but their will be things behind the background. Hidden goodies.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Accualy i am going to pick up a possible donor block that is a 289 and it is a A code but my car is a C code but whatever. I will see if it can be rebuilt if it can then i can get started on the drive train reinstallation.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some things i need to fix

This dent is on the drivers side 1/4 panel one of the previous owners before the last one put about a 1/2 inch of bondo on it without knocking it out and i still have the intact bondo.

This is the vinyl top as you can see it needs to be redone because the cotton is showing.

I need to either replace the seat cover or sew that insert down.

as you see i have some holes in the carpet this is one of them the other one is under the console. I need to get a new carpet or sew the holes shut.

The car has been hit from the back so hard in the middle of the previous bumper that the wrap around part had been pressed into the body. So i am probubly going to have to hit that out.

Same thing with the other side

as you can see in the very top of this picture where the unibody is their is a fold in it. What happened thir is acualy involved that impact with the bumper. The impact was so hard thatt it acually pinched in the unibody on bolth sides at this point and riped the metal open. As of now thier is a cheap weld job trying to weld it close i am going to clean it up and finish the job.

I also need to do a little rust repair behind the battery tray. Or what is acually left of the battery tray.

Their is also some problems with the doors. For the Drivers side the window was off of the track so you had to pull up on the window and crank in order to get it up and the lock cylinder didnt work. and on the passenger side the door wouldnt open from the outside and sometimes wouldnt even open from the inside.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As of now the door problems and that rust problem inside the engine bay have been fixed.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Engine Removal

as you can see the tranny was pretty dirty but everything seamed good and the removal was not so hard but the exhaust manifold bolts set us back a little bit so we just cut the pipe because we are going to put on some new exhaust.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Looks like you've got some work cut out for you. Keep it up!...

Your backyard looks exactly like my buddy's. He lives in E. San Jose Evergreen area. I grew up in S.J. too...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
block disasembled

This is the engine after we took it appart this engine was no good for a rebuild because it was already punched .60 over and it had a lip. We didnt want to go higher because we didnt want to take the risk. And we didnt want to sleave it so we had to look for another replacement block.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New Drums

Nice new Drums that have a inch wider stoping surface and it doenst even hit the hit any part of the front suspension. The thing is that i cant go lower than 14" or they will hit even though i dont plan on going any smaller. I also added a new brake resevoir.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I hope you're gonna replace that driver's side quarter panel! What about the rear frame rails? Nice project.....

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ehh. Just going to hammer that out i can get to it in the trunk and try to do the best i can with the body work. Umm the frame rales their is 2 ways of fixing it one is of corse like everything else you replace the rear portion of the unibody or you take the bumper off at a shot and they pull the rinkles out of the frame rails from the bumper mounts. But i am doing option 3 weld it closed the best i can were it ripped.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Doors and Rear End

Fixed all of the problems in the door like the driver side window not rolling up and the lock cylinder on the driver side did not work as well which works now. And on the passanger side the door would not open from the outside we fixed that and the door would also sometimes not open from the inside as well we fixed that.

Turns out that when i pulled out the rearend that the ring gear broke of 2 tips off of the spline gear. So we had the whole rearend rebuilt, new bearings, and new ring gear and pinon gear with correct lash set. And now it is alot cleaner.

80W-90 that i used on the rear end.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I need to get some pictures of the undercoating on the undercharage and the painted engine bay.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Undercoating

And of corse i did the wheel wells and all of that good stuff. And now the car is undercoated under the engine bay as well and the firewall as well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts