Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys..
I didn't go with the Hurst mags... so I sold them... I purchased a used mint set of the 65-66 Shelby Cragers from Craig at Paradise Wheels... oh my GOSH! They look SOOOOOOOO cool!! I posted a few pictures so you can see... I cannot believe I waited this long to get these!!!! Let me know what you think...:)

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shelby Cragers

They look great on your car! :thumbsup:
Thanks, I really like them! They look so cool! If you look closely, me and my son did the detail work on the center caps. I painted the white in the centers and my son helped me put the black on the S portion so they look correct, not just left chrome.. they look so cool that way..:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Color

Great looking car! The Cragars look really good. What color is your fastback?
It is suppose to be Nightmist Blue.. But it was painted a color similar before I got it years ago that looks to be a mix of that lighter... it is a cool color though... the wheels just changed the look of the car so much, I even want to drive it more than I was already.. the tires and wheels are so much bigger than what I had...: to me , it makes i it look allot tougher looking.. more old school muscle car!...:)

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Yup, that is VERY danged cool!
Congrats, that really looks great!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Those look awesome

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shelby cragers

They look great I think I will be going this route also are they 14 inch?
Thanks for the great complement! This is the cool part.. they are 15 x 6 so they fill the fender well out allot more! Craig Connelly the manufacture of these wheels is great to deal with at Paradise wheels and his product is outstanding for sure as you can see! You can reach him at Paradise Wheels, Inc. in CA.
1-760-740-0954.:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
added more photos

Thanks for the great complement! This is the cool part.. they are 15 x 6 so they fill the fender well out allot more! Craig Connelly the manufacture of these wheels is great to deal with at Paradise wheels and his product is outstanding for sure as you can see! You can reach him at Paradise Wheels, Inc. in CA.
1-760-740-0954.:)
I added a few more photos, I had to do some touch up's on the photo's, my car is NOT that nice... had to photo touch

up chips and some small holes, ect, but it makes it look allot nicer in the photos.. my car is for sure a 5 footer, looks great going down the road, close up allot of imperfections... but I am about driving it!! Let me know what you think about these pictures.. I really just like these Shelby cragers... so Cool!:)

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Those look great! Mind if I ask what they set you back? I'm searching for a traditional wheel in 15" or 16". Was looking at the 10 spokes, but the 17" is just too big for a retro look, and I need at least 15" to fit my brakes.
I think I'm sold on your wheels!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shelby Cragers

Those look great! Mind if I ask what they set you back? I'm searching for a traditional wheel in 15" or 16". Was looking at the 10 spokes, but the 17" is just too big for a retro look, and I need at least 15" to fit my brakes.
I think I'm sold on your wheels!
Hey Scott.... Thanks for the complement. I really like these for sure and it changed the car so much from what it looked like before. These are the reproductions of the original 65-66 Shelby Cragers from Paradise Wheels, Inc. in CA which are manufactured from the original molds.
I cannot say enough how great they look. They are 15 x 6, and I run 205 75 R 15's on them and they almost rub, I LOVE IT! They look HUGE!!! but I like the look of the the original Blue dots the taller traditional tire verses the the low profile which still looks great.
Craig who makes these says he runs 225 60 R 15's all the time on the them. But the 15's look great! I think that you will like the Shelby Cragers verses anything else... I have Craigs number posted on this blog and few comments back. Let me now if you get them.
Thanks,
Joey

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Scott.... Thanks for the complement. I really like these for sure and it changed the car so much from what it looked like before. These are the reproductions of the original 65-66 Shelby Cragers from Paradise Wheels, Inc. in CA which are manufactured from the original molds.
I cannot say enough how great they look. They are 15 x 6, and I run 205 75 R 15's on them and they almost rub, I LOVE IT! They look HUGE!!! but I like the look of the the original Blue dots the taller traditional tire verses the the low profile which still looks great.
Craig who makes these says he runs 225 60 R 15's all the time on the them. But the 15's look great! I think that you will like the Shelby Cragers verses anything else... I have Craigs number posted on this blog and few comments back. Let me now if you get them.
Thanks,
Joey

Scott sent you a pm also.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Joey +1 here, they do look great on the car. Really goes well with the other trim on the car. Since you do not see them that often, it will really catch the mustang guy's eye.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts