Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a bright yellow car but it has not worn stripes for over 20 years. I sanded and buffed the entire car today in preparation for putting on the stripes. I painted the hood stripe on so far but not the blacked out trunk area. I only got one side of the stripe done so far but DAMN it looks good. These are the black reflective stripes that light up when lights hit them. That is soooo cool! So once again it is starting to look like the rare car that it is. The car has lived in relative obscurity for the last 20 years because it just looks like a plain 70 sport roof. Now, there is no mistaking what it is. I'm going to take it to a local cruze on Friday. I took it to the same cruze two weeks ago before she was all dressed up. It will be interesting to see if there is a different reaction to the car! sorry for the rant, I'm just enjoying the transformation ::

Here is a pic!~

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=4610114&uid=2075470&members=1

·
Registered
766 Posts
Aren't those stripes cool the way they light up. I too have the black reflective fitted on my Mach 1 (well not yet but will do soon).......!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Which cruise are you going to? Maryville, Harriman, Knoxville or Clinton

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking maryville since I don't know any other...

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Knoxville - Clinton Highway and Merchant Rd every Sat
Knoxville (Fountain City)- at McDonalds every sat

I'll have to look up Clinton and Harriman

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jeremy,

No slight intended regarding "plain" 1970 Sport roofs. There is a guy on VMF that has a "plain" 1969 sport roof that's gun metal grey that is drop dead gorgeous!! It's just that when you have a factory Boss 302 that is not wearing its slats, spoilers or stripes it's kind of incognito.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
it was sarcasm bud! I was not being serious :: :: ::

I totaly understood what you were saying - sometimes my "be a butthole" side out weighs my "good" side

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Very nice stance on your car ... did you do anything to lower it?
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL310/2075470/4610114/58033789.jpg

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, the car came with that stance. It is much lower than any other 70 I've seen. It has a set of aftermarket front springs of unknown origin along with new everything else in the suspension. It also has a complete set of new Gabriel Gas adjust shocks. The rear has a set of NOS factory Boss 302 springs part# D0ZA-5556-L&R. These ride much lower in the back than stock 1970 springs because they came lowered in the front too. Here is a link all about those springs.

http://www.boss302.com/spring.htm

The PO also bought a set of stock springs and was going to raise it back up to stock height which is still lower than a non-boss 1970 Mustang. I like the stance and will probably leave it. It fits in with its Trans Am heritage nicely. The car also came with a new competition hayes Clutch and an aluminium HP flywheel too. It has a brand new clutch in it now so I'll probably leave that alone too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts