Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need that clevis pin, spring clip, cotter pin, hair pin or what? that holds the brake light switch on the stud on the brake pedal arm(its an automatic). I don't know exactly what its called though so I can't find it. That is what was on mine when I took it all apart anyway and it was a pretty strong one. I of course lost it somewhere.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've seen those at Tractor Supply and every hardware store around here too in the nuts and bolts drawers.

·
Premium Member
11,784 Posts
If you're in a bind and need one right now a cotter pin or even a piece of baling wire will work in a pinch.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My car is a 65 fastback of course. Its in my signature thing and yes it is a different part number than the 67 but AH HA. I know what the name of the thing is now so I can do a search and find it. The pin by itself is a $2.99 part with a $9.00 shipping charge though which hurts my brain somehow. They could just put it in a package and mail it to me so for Rick if you see this, on little bit and pieces it would be nice to get a mailing rate that costs less than the 3 dollar part/s unless somebody just has to have it come UPS. Maybe that is something of a deal to implement for our shipping people but it would still be a nice option for small stuff. I wracked my brains(whatever that means) trying to identify any other stuff I need to order right now and nothing popped out at the moment or I would put in a bigger order.

I got up under there using the mustang book on contortion maneuvers and discovered that the outside bushing or spacer is also some how gone and I also apparently never had the master cylinder push rod spacer either. I think I now remember that when I re-painted my brake pedal assembly and put the new master cylinder in that it was supposed to be "temporary" until I could get these little bits to install it properly.

The depot sells the whole kit which looks to be 1 bushing, 2 spacers and the pin. Hot dang, I can mark another line item off the book. Its not a list.

If anybody else needs some or all of this little bits of pieces the NPD part number is 13480-3AK for a 65-66 with automatic. It appears that there may be a difference for a manual trans maybe, not sure, and may be also a difference for the 64 and not sure on that either but the description says "1965-1966 MUSTANG (FROM 8/17/64)" so you have to check to be sure.

·
Registered
35,493 Posts
My car is a 65 fastback of course. Its in my signature…
Like many, I have turned off signatures, because many have included their life history and/or huge photos. Then there's the folks who have more than one car, so you'd have to work out which they are working on.

Basically, lots of of us will not see signatures, so don't assume we will.

·
Premium Member
11,784 Posts

the description says "1965-1966 MUSTANG (FROM 8/17/64)" so you have to check to be sure.
Cars built before 8-17-64 were the '64.5 model and those cars did not have the mechanical brake light switch attached to the brake pedal. It was a hydraulic pressure switch screwed into the master cylinder.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would go to the hardware store and buy one. You can always order the correct one and save on shipping when you group it with other items later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts