Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1966 coupe and 1970 sportsroof
5,536 Posts
The first Mustang I bought my wife won the coin toss to drive it home from the PO. We had test driven this car hard 4 times in total we even took it to a mechanic to check it out.

I followed in our other car the 30 miles home. We'd just got on the highway when BOOM... she manages to steer onto the shoulder, I pull up in front, pop the hood and saw that the top of the rad was completely ripped open, you could even see the fins inside the rad. The fan was bent into the block and antifreeze and water was everywhere!

We called the PO got him to call his tow truck company give us our check back (thankfully) and never looked back!

I found out afterwards from the PO when he called us to see if we were still interested that the head gasket was blown, causing exhaust gases to cook the water. Something else was wrong because it never showed any signs of overheating until it blew!

My poor wife crapped herself! Guess who got to drive our next Stang home!

Thanks

Shaun

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.