Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes! DAS finally showed with my '67 fastback! Life is good! 1st impressions of the car...The original 289 4v motor was rebuilt as advertised and looks/runs very good. Has an Edlebrock performer intake and carb and has plenty enough power (for now) ;). The only rust I can find is surface stuff on the under lip of the hood. No frame rust at all! Us Michiganders aint use to that concept. 4-speed toploader shifts better than I hoped, except have a hard time putting her into 1st when coming out of reverse. The car doesn't have a factory tach which I assumed it would have since it's a factory 4-speed. Has GT stripes, GT screw off gas cap and GT badge on 1 fender but not the other (I Know, get a Marti report). BAD STUFF: run it for longer than 5 minutes and it'll need a jump to get it started again, electrical is a mess...gas gauge and headlights are the only things that work, definitely needs suspension work, hood latch is busted, instrument panel bezel is cracked big time, somebody did an amateur job of bumping out dents on 1 fender, 1 1/4 panel and the hood, needs paint and tires. Sorry about the long post but I'm darn excited! Hope you folks don't get sick of the constant flow of questions I'll send your way in the coming months.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Congrats. Sounds like a great car. I remember when I first saw my car come off the DAS truck. Unfortunately, I was not as excited as you were. They (DAS) did a real number on it. Anyway, we now need to see some pics.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Glad to hear that you have your car and, even though there seems to be lots of work to do, you seem pleased...thats all that counts!
There are definitely people/resources here that will give you lots of advice.
Good luck with your car and congratulations!
Rich

·
Registered
243 Posts
As a fellow Michiganian ..... once you have seen / had rust free, it is hard to go back. Sounds like a great project. Congradulations and good luck! Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts