Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today I can officially state that my car is done! Thank you to all that have helped me over the past five years. Not only did I end up with the car as I want it, I made a few friends along the way. I have the latest picture here, and the whole process can be seen in the link in my signature. I plan to have the car shot within the next two months, and will post that here when it's done.

Cheers everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Looking really nice, that car has come a long way!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree. I keep saying that and then turn around and spend another couple hundred. Looking forward to the pics though.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Repeat after me

When you publicly say your car is done....it will break on you. So take it back.
Well I must say we're both right. From what it was, to what it is, the car is complete. I do need a gear change, a few stereo improvements, an aluminum driveshaft, and a cruiser console. These things are weekend projects to me. The fact that it's all together, missing nothing, and running properly, I'm the 1 in 10 that tear a car down to nothing, and bring it back.

P.S. let me know when you want to buy your seats back. I may upgrade them too!

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Is that where my 67 seats went....I sell so much stuff from time to time.
I was just thinking (really) last night how swell it would be to still have them so I could move my 03 mach 1 or 01 bullitt seats into my 68 since I have spent almost 2 weeks now and can't find anything like them for sale.

·
VMF Ambassador
6,655 Posts
Congratulations! I can't wait for the day when I can say the same about mine :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
The car looks great!! Perhaps I'll see you around fellow new englander! I'm curious about that red stand you have the car on in some of the later pictures. What is that thing called and how does it work?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm curious about that red stand you have the car on in some of the later pictures. What is that thing called and how does it work?
Kwiklift.... Drive up ramp, jack up rear of ramp and lower rear feet. Perfect for low ceilings, and great for any type of work.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was just thinking (really) last night how swell it would be to still have them so I could move my 03 mach 1 or 01 bullitt seats into my 68 since I have spent almost 2 weeks now and can't find anything like them for sale.
I'll trade your old seats + a set of red fox seats that need recovering +??? for your 03 Mach I seats.....

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Looking good. Well mind is still completely apart thought I would have it well on the way in the first year. That year is approaching and i'm nowhere near where I thought I would be with it. Now I figure it's probably 2 more years away. That has to be a great feeling to finally have it at that point. What's next going to save another one?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts