Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I was pretty stoked. The producer for a show to be shown on SPEED sent out a message to several SoCal Mustang clubs, looking for some unique vintage Mustangs to use on the Mustang-oriented show.
Wouldn't you know, FOUR from our own local club were picked, and my '70 was one of them! The others are a beautiful maroon '70 Mach, a 40,000 original mile white Boss 351, and a '73 Q-Code Sprint SportsRoof. VMF's own James67's '67 fastback was chosen as an alternate, too!
Now the bad news...
My father-in-law passed away a few days ago, and his funeral is scheduled right smack dab in the middle of the shoot. That and several other family crises have moved me to drop out.

::sigh::
(Almost had my 32 seconds of fame... )

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - on both counts.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
About 4 years ago my father in law passed away. Our whole family still misses him.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Good for you your car was chosen for the shoot,that's a nice feather in your cap.Sorry to hear about your loss.Maybe let them know your situation if you haven't already and the next time you just might get a call. :(

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I won't be making it home from work until late Friday. So guess what I'll be doing late into the night, cleaning and detailing my 67. Daniel, my wife and I are very sorry to here of your family's loss, we're going to miss not seeing you there.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, James (and everybody else).
Do the IECMC proud!

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss of your father-in-law. You have a great looking car and I'm sure it will get picked for another neat photo shoot in the future.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For anyone that's interested, I just found out the name of the show is going to be "Mustang Mystique", and will cover all years up to the present.
I just got a copy of the actual script, etc., which one of our members contributed to.
Can't wait to see our guys' cars on TV!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Now that's an active club!
Daniel, Sandy and I are both feeling for you. 2 big losses back to back. We both lost parents and our best 4 footed friends. It's tough but we survive and go on but never forget.
P.S.
I'll take the car down on the trailer for ya if you want.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, Jim - you're the best, as always.
I'm really sorry to hear you guys have been through similar sorrows. Please give Sandy our best.

As for the "ride" for my ride, thanks, but unfortunately I've already opted out and have been replaced...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts