Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every morning on my way to work I see people hauling ass, weaving through traffic, and I get so miffed. But in thinking about it, I don't really care how fast they drive. The problem is really everyone else who won't STAY TO THE RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS. I really have to quit blaming the speeders. The interstate is made to drive fast but there is zero lane discipline. The law could remedy this but it won't ever happen.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Alabama just passed the Anti Road Rage law to address people not moving to the right but it's not a very good law altogether. Enforcement is tough because there are so many cars, so few law enforcement and most people don't want more traffic cops, and don't want higher taxes to pay them a better wage to attract and keep great candidates. It's really an underappreciated career that is highly misunderstood what else there is besides just handing somebody a ticket. But somebody has to do it, or the left lane would be the least of our worries.

·
Registered
20,537 Posts
My commute is 150 miles one way on weekends. I stick to the back roads as much as possible. Laws are useless ad they aren't going to enforce them. You get the people driving 10 miles below the limit and often side by side. The tractor trailers aren't much better driving side by side 45 mph up hill in a 65-70 zone blocking all lanes. One of my biggest pet peeves are people who don't signal for lane changes.
I think either driver's need to take CE to renew their license or randomly pick people to retake their road test.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
I think either driver's need to take CE to renew their license or randomly pick people to retake their road test.
Been saying this for years. Should be a mandatory re-test every X number of years, and then by half that at 60 and half again at 70. Seems like at least once ever couple of weekw someone drives through a Dunkin Donuts or a pharmacy when they "press the wrong pedal".

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I can't agree more!! Specifically the drivers that refuse to move right out of the fast lane when you come up behind them. Around here they make you pass them in the middle lane, they brake check you, or (my favorite) they actually speed up when they CAN move right ands then slow back down again when they CAN'T! It used to drive me nuts until somehow 2 5" round trailer brake lights wound up behind my grill. They're not functional, they aren't connected, they can't light up, they don't move, they're just there. I don't drive any different than before, but it seems most drivers in front of me now have a tendency to move right fairly quickly. They usually look like they're paying 100% attention to the road and using 2 hands until they look over and see I'm a 'normal' guy- which then they have a 'perturbed' look. Wish I knew how they got there..... lol

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate to say it, but our testing is waaaaaaay too easy. If it took a real effort to get a license perhaps people would take it seriously.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts