Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought the coupe except its not a '73 as i was told its a '72 my brother neglectedto mention that he knew that before i bought it and signing paerwork i noticed it (i know not much about years of mustangs) i do know however i do love this car and despite what my mom thinks it was well worth the thousand i paid and every cent im gonna pay to get it road worthy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The 1972 Mustangs made less power and had s stuffy nose from the smog laws. My first Mustang was a 1971 351C with C-6; I loved that car until a rubbernecking Camaro driver smacked it pretty hard. Congratulations on beginning a lifelong hobby and love affair!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO the 71 & 72 models look better anyway. I don't like the look of the grill and front bumper on the 73.

Good luck with your resto/resto-mod!

Jason

·
Registered
762 Posts
I agree, I think the 72 is a better car all around. 72 you started to get some smog stuff in there, so it probably does not have the kick as a 71. But a 73 was even more bogged down. Same thing happened between 71 and 73 for all cars back then...Vettes, Camaros, Firebirds, Chargers...all of them. So I'd pick the 72 over the 73 anyway, given the choice. Whatever the car.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Years ago, I came within an inch of trading my plymouth duster for a 71-73 era coupe. Kinda wish I had, but... The coupe had an emron brown paint job with heavy metallic flakes over a semi amateur body job. Thing I remember about the interior was the shaggy hair seat covers. It also had the steel gold colored "centerline" wheels. It wasn't my type, even during the early 80's. Of course, my duster had my version of restomod that I'm sure not everyone appreciated.......Wow, am I getting old.

Congrats on your purchase. And remember, the parts you cant see, which need replaced, are more important than what you see outside. I'm getting too picky though. Every little part on my 65 coupe that goes back on is supposed to look like a chrome wheel or hood ornamant. sheesh.

Oh yeah, welcome to VMF. You will love it here. Please fill out your user profile so we have an idea of who you are. Everybody here are great people and you've joined a trusty little family. Good luck w/ your stang.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congratulations on your new Mustang. My first one was a '71 coupe with the Mach I hood and stripes. Great looking car.

·
Registered
205 Posts
welcome to the forum, I have only been a member for a few months but this is the best on the web and the people really seem to want to help the new guy's. Enjoy!

Darrel

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the advice. i plan on doing mechanical work before anything else except im gonna put a little bit of body work in while thats all i have money for. i'm not even driving it yet cuz the DMV isnt ever open.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts