Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i converted to power disc brakes and my gas pedal is higher than my brake pedal. my gas pedal seems really high though. can this be adjusted? can someone send me a pic of their carb linkage on an edelbrock carb. maybe i have my linkage wrong. my linkage braket curves up and the return spring hits the choke linkage and my inside throttle cable is showing and the two covers aren't touching. help needed!!!!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
The height of the pedal is not determined by linkage connection at the carb, its determined by the pedal lever and pivot bolted to the firewall. Check to see that the pivot bracket is installed at the correct height, for its possible someone replaced it incorrectly at a higher spot than its designed spot. This may have happened due to previous owner stripping out the sheet metal screw holes and the easiest fix is to move it upward and drill new holes (bad idea but I can imagine it being done). If this is the case, there will be a set of holes below the ones where the pivot bracket is now mounted. And if true, you'll have to use a bit of ingenuity at fixing the damage and returning the bracket to where its supposed to be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts