Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way for an inspection, driving down a side street at 35 mph in the stang, when all of a sudden my fiberglass Mustangs Plus cowl induction hood flipped up, split in half and landed on my trunk lid leaving 2 large dents in it! The bottom layer of the hood split from the top and ripped right off. Then when it landed, the hood cracked again. I had hood locks on the front which were locked. After my hood flew off, I saw that one was broken. Aside from being pissed as hell right now, how do you think I should handle this? Do I call mustangs plus and try to get a new hood, refund, something? Am I stuck with a funked up hood?

·
Registered
977 Posts
I don't know how I would go about it, but I would be asking for coverage for all the damages. You buy a hood stay attached to the car not to become a highway frisby.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
you might want to go to a shop or two and get an estimate on the trunk damage as well as have them give you a written assessment on what happened with the hood.... call up mustangs plus and tell them what happened, and if you have a friend that is a lawyer that always helps /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
also, take a lot of pictures ASAP before anything gets monkey'd with

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Threats of real proof and pics can ruin a business, if they give you a hard time and dont compensate you in any way.
That just sucks....good luck!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts