Vintage Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way for an inspection, driving down a side street at 35 mph in the stang, when all of a sudden my fiberglass Mustangs Plus cowl induction hood flipped up, split in half and landed on my trunk lid leaving 2 large dents in it! The bottom layer of the hood split from the top and ripped right off. Then when it landed, the hood cracked again. I had hood locks on the front which were locked. After my hood flew off, I saw that one was broken. Aside from being pissed as hell right now, how do you think I should handle this? Do I call mustangs plus and try to get a new hood, refund, something? Am I stuck with a funked up hood?

·
Registered
977 Posts
I don't know how I would go about it, but I would be asking for coverage for all the damages. You buy a hood stay attached to the car not to become a highway frisby.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
you might want to go to a shop or two and get an estimate on the trunk damage as well as have them give you a written assessment on what happened with the hood.... call up mustangs plus and tell them what happened, and if you have a friend that is a lawyer that always helps /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
also, take a lot of pictures ASAP before anything gets monkey'd with

·
Registered
229 Posts
Most likely it was the hood latch that broke and caused the whole debacle. A glas hood needs to be latched. So how is the hood seller liable for that. By all means call them and discuss, but they are not at fault here. Out of curiosity what is the COO of said hood latches?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Most likely it was the hood latch that broke and caused the whole debacle. A glas hood needs to be latched. So how is the hood seller liable for that. By all means call them and discuss, but they are not at fault here. Out of curiosity what is the COO of said hood latches?
he probably called them 19 YEARS ago after he posted this thread.

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
7,509 Posts
I figured it out, I was reading the ‘Someone hit and run my 65’ thread, down at the bottom of it this thread is in recommended reading. I hate that!
Yeah, recommended reading has to go. Nothing wrong with leaving the old threads there, many are useful. But leaving it as is, is more of a nuisance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.