Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike, who I've known for years, worked for my local PPG supplier, Auto Paint and Equipment. He was making a delivery on a road not to far from me, when a truck stopped in the opposite lane to turn left. Another tanker truck (holding 7200 gallons of gasoline) came up behind that truck and couldn't stop in time. instead of swerving right and off the road, the tanker swerved left, into the opposite lane, and right into Mike's car. The truck pushed him 100 some feet down into a creek bed, and then smashed down on top of his car. Mike was terribly mangled, and nearly ripped in two pieces by the truck. I don't say this to sound morbid, but Mike was a really really good guy, and helped me out on many occasions even when he didn't have to. I will really miss him, and I want everyone to know that he died in a very terrible manner and never got a chance to say goodbye, all because a truck driver made a snap judgment call to try to avoid an accident, but instead, left a young boy without his father, and a widow behind. It hurts me too, because this is not easy to swallow. ANyone who drives commercial truck, knows never to swerve in teh path of oncoming traffic. the driver wasn't even scratched at all, and probably wouldn't have gotten hurt any worse had he just swerved off the road to the right, instead of the left. Now, Mike is gone, and I hope someone out there can learn a lesson from this, because I would hate to see him die for no reason. God bless him.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/281035251889007.bsp

·
Administrator
19,493 Posts
I am so sorry, John, that is just so tragic. :(

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
That is terrible John, I am so sorry.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
What a tragic event, for Mike's family, friends, and let's not forget the truck driver who will carry this for the rest of his life.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
As he (the truck driver) should, since he did not respond properly! :-(

John Harvey

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear that, John. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all of Mike's family and friends.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am sorry to hear that John. Even though the truck driver will carry that burden, I feel like he should be charged with some kind of negligent homicide. Like you said, he never should have swerved into on coming traffic.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Damn, John, sorry to hear about this. Real friends are too few to lose too soon.
Best to you and Mike's family. I'll be thinking about all of you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts