Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
}:| Went out to start the 69 today. Cold enough day so I thought I'd set the choke and let it run for awhile. Found out I also have to reset / reseal the water pump as it didn't totally seal, but no big deal. Electric choke on a 570 Street Avenger. Electric wire hooked to the stator term on the alternator. Turn the key to on, hit the gas, and the choke goes totally closed. Adjust the housing to see if I can move the choke to a slightly open position, but no luck. Naturally trying to start the car is almost futile as it only wants to spit out the carb. Just don't feel like fighting a fire today, so I'll let it alone until I either feel like fighting a fire or get in a better mood to handle the adjustment correctly. So, I turned out the lights, closed the door and will forget it for a while. Just venting for now, I guess, but it wouldn't take much for me to say "Goodbye" to it today.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Holey moley, that's right in there with a tree falling on it! :eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts