Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to tell all you Mustang people out there that my car is featured this month in the popular and long running UK magazine Street Machine/American Car World. It probably won't ring a lot of bells with my American chums but you can check out a wee bit of the story by visiting
http://www.chp.ltd.uk/street_machine/bullitt.html
I'm so chuffed about it, but one thing is.....it looks even better in the flesh!
When I bought it late October 2001 the owner said to me, "I've had interest from a magazine so it might be appearing some time in the future," and true enough to his word.....nearly 2 years later! I even get a wee mention at the end of the story and I don't care that they spelt my name wrong,ha ha ha.

www.charles.farquhar.btinternet.co.uk
Cheers, Charlie

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Congrats!

Sweet Ride.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'll have to pick up a copy of SM this month! Congrats! ::

Good mag but still hard enough to find around here.

Gary

·
Registered
858 Posts
chuffed...hmm....yep, u scots are a little odd...lol
but what a damn great car, i bet u spent ur lbs like crazy! ::

·
Registered
483 Posts
Guess I must be one of the odd ones...

Until people started going on about "chuffed" I didn't think anything of it.

But then I'm from Scotland too...

The one that always gets me is "pissed"... Meaning drunk or angry...

Nice car by the way.

Z. (Scot in the US)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I find that Mag once in a while. I'll look for it.
It's interesting to see the Euro perspective on the Muscle Cars.

"Pissed" is drunk ?
A local term used around here is "$hithoused". A local was describing himself and in his drunkedness, substituted "housed" for "faced" and it stuck.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
My car came out of the UK, and the backup lights are the turn signals now (orange bulbs)

I dont know if that was an alternative to the outside brake light being amber or what - but whoever did it make a mess of the electrics ::

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And I thought we were from the same stock, us Brits and you Americans, LOL.
That can be a lot of fun on holiday, when you say something to a local and they give you "that" look!
The worst one is asking for a "packet of fags." Which to us is asking for a packet of ciggies over here but err....something more sinister over where you are! "Pissed" in Britain is drunk as a fart whereas...." Pissed Off" is very angry or fed up etc. Ah I could write a book, maybe I will.

Cheers, Charlie

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
"what are you for" ? I dont understand what that means, but ill guess your asking what type of insurance :D

Carole Nash, classic policy 5000 miles per year.

Its not easy to get insurance here- they'll only insure you only a Tuesday in November when its raining on a leap year :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't you start! Just kidding...... How much does insurance cost you per year and how dear is the petrol? I've heard it's worse than here!

Cheers, Charlie

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
About 5 Euro / gallon on fuel (just unleaded with an additive) It doesnt see the road a lot though so fuel cost isnt really an issue. Insurance isnt bad (when they give it to you). About E350 a year, like i said, on 5000m per annum.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I noticed those amber lights too. Here in Finland we can keep the lights that were originally on the car. There is a date when you have to have yellow turn signal, but haven't seen any early Mustang with those, so I assume it's later than 73. Don't see much Street Machine here, Classic American is available at newsstands, though.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I suppose asking for pack of fags is better than telling your buddies you're going to step outside to puff on a fag. Now thats a pisser!! Gotta love the english language.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts