Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the cruise and the show, this was a big weekend for my baby. She's got a handful of nagging little problems I just haven't gotten around to fixing, like the smoking engine, some rattles and squeeks, the ticking speedometer is back etc. Well, as I was driving to the Pony Trails the squeeks and rattles sort of went away. The speedo quit ticking. And what's this, clean invisible air coming out the tail pipes, even when I crack those secondaries! I swear this car has a personality. Two years of trouble free, head-turning service as a daily driver, and now she's fixing herself! She must have known how important this weekend was to me! Of course, just like in the "Blues Brothers" she'll probably collapse in peices on my way home from work today!

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
See there, I told you that selling your soul to the devil has its rewards!

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Unlike mine. Little problem on the way home from the Round up yesterday. The brand new(2 week old) power steering hose I got from NPD split. How the h*ll did that happen?? Fortunately I was able to limp home, cause I was only about a mile away!!

Other than that, the car ran awesome all weekend. Friday's jaunt up north was especially fun. I do enjoy opening it up occasionally as it loves those high rpms....Dan, you sure you don't wan't to race for pink slips?

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
You should get some of the Edelbrock PowerBond Tape for your road kit. It bonds to itself and will hold 100psi. Perfect for return lines, radiator hoses, etc.

I keep a roll in my kit.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Thanks Kent. I will definetly look into that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts