Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased this 1969 Mach 1 M code, with a factory 3 speed manual and a 3:25 rear traction-lok rear axle, can anyone tell me how rare it is to find this axle on a small block car ? Or if it’s not rare at all, I seen A couple of R codes with the same rear axle

Here’s the marti report

·
Registered
751 Posts
The Marti report will give clues to the number of similar cars built. Maybe only the deluxe report gives the number breakdown. Nice find, a 69 Mach 1 is a favorite of many Mustang fans.

Reactions: rpm

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
The 351-4V / 3 speed combo was put into 4,513 sportsroof cars, Traction Lok was installed in 23,673 sportsroofs.

The 3.25 was the only axle ratio you could get with a Traction Lok on the 351-4V engine, it wasn't available on the 2.75 or 3.00.

·
Premium Member
6,153 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Miles rhodes 47

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
The rear end is not rare but I have to believe that a Mach I with a 3 speed manual trans is a rare animal (maybe not in a good way). Nice find - good luck with the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are you going to restore it back to Winter Blue? I've always wanted one in that color but they're hard to find and usually fully done and priced accordingly.
That’s the plan. For now with how much it cost to restore cars now I might have to drive it like this for a while tho lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The rear end is not rare but I have to believe that a Mach I with a 3 speed manual trans is a rare animal (maybe not in a good way). Nice find - good luck with the car.
Thanks, and to be honest I’m gonna drop a 4 speed in there pretty soon, so I was happy it was a 3 speed, instead of an automatic, it will be a lot easier to swap trannys

1 - 20 of 35 Posts