Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About 8-12 months ahead of when I thought I would be able to do this.

Found a 1967 Toploader in really good condition (inside where it counts lol) and pretty much all the parts needed to pull out that SROD in the next couple weeks. I can’t wait to get this done. Feels like I’m driving my old 71 F250 with that SROD.

Parts in the boxes are original 67 parts aside from the obvious in the new packaging....

First thing I need to do is get everything cleaned up and paint a few of these old parts.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Is this a winter project?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this a winter project?
No I just got car in October. When I bought it the transmission was near the top of my list but I figured I would get through 1 season of owning the car the be able to end of season. Things lined up just right and I was able to tackle and fix some of the other issues on my own with coaching from a few guys here on the forum so I didn’t have to spend as much as anticipated to get things done.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@kenash we are pretty close to each other. We will probably run into each other at some point this spring or summer as I will be across the bridge mostly to go to “local” car events.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
@kenash we are pretty close to each other. We will probably run into each other at some point this spring or summer as I will be across the bridge mostly to go to “local” car events.
Ok, how about Annapolis Cars n Coffee Sunday morns....weather permitting?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, how about Annapolis Cars n Coffee Sunday morns....weather permitting?
Once I get the transmission done I will feel good about driving car across the ridge. I found out that PO put a zero balance flywheel when they put in SROD. I drove from Easton to Stevensville and noticed vibrations thought maybe bent driveshaft or something but after going through receipts in a box I found in the trunk I figured that flywheel is probably the culprit. Haven‘t driven more than around the neighborhood once since I discovered that.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Ok, will chat you up when yo get there. Good luck withe the project. Keep us posted

Reactions: jjpish68
1 - 7 of 7 Posts