·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's me again-Here are the codes please help me figure this out!:
Warranty# 7T01C120242
65B 6U 05K 450082 OW
Body color trim date D.S.O axle trans

The data plate is original. I also have the original engine & carb, a 2 bbl. It has disc brakes with 4 piston calibers, which neither I or my mechanic have never seen before! I do not have the center console (It could've been taken out as there are no seat belts the carpet has obviously been replaced.) I have heard of getting a "build sheet." Can I do this? There are no door panels nor armrests on the doors, but I do have the wide aluminum dash and overhead console. Like I said before in my last post this car does not make any sense! Please help!
ps if you want to see a pic I'll email one to you!

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Try this

Also, go to The Mustang Shop and try their VIN decoder.

From the warrenty # I can tell:

7 = 1967
T = Metuchen, NJ
01 = Hardtop
C = 289-2v
120242 = Consecutive unit number #120242

From the other numbers:

Body: Hardtop, Luxury Interior, Bucket Seats
Color: Pebble Beige
Trans: C-4 Automatic

Some of the codes you typed dont seem to be right.

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
You have special order paint.

That is why your paint code is blank and why you have a 6 digit DSO (450082).

You have a 2.79:1 conventional rear end (0) and a C4 automatic (w)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Disc brakes with 4 piston calipers... That's normal... for your car.

On the 1964 through 1967 models they installed four piston fixed caliper type disc brakes as an option. (default was drum brakes)

1968 onwards they installed single piston floating caliper brakes.

I hope that this helps,
Adam

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
Also, your car had a scheduled build date of October 5, 1966

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Your DSO is 45, Davenport. It also has a special feature, special order number 00085. I would suspect it is your paint. Look for the original color under the carpet edges in the back and other places that would not have received paint if the car was repainted. Also, your car is the 20,242nd unit off that line, not the 120,242. The numbering started at 100001.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where do I get ahold of replacement brakes like these? I have a seized caliper. I have looked everywhere and all I can come up with is the Grenada (?) style brakes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another lil' bit of info I forgot-The doors are two tone-Beige and white...I did know the original color (There's remants in the trunk and they paint job is o crappy it's flaking off on the vents.)

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
The "Build Sheet" is sometimes found wrapped around the wiring harness behind the dash....also heard of it being attached under the seats, or simply placed under the carpet. Also, if someone in the past has done some sort of restoration work, you probably won't find the build sheet :(.

As for the brake calipers....try posting in the wanted section here on the forum...you're bound to get replys. The Granada Brakes that you mentioned are a popular "swap" item for people whose cars were originally equipped with Drum brakes.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Where do I get ahold of replacement brakes like these? I have a seized caliper. I have looked everywhere and all I can come up with is the Grenada (?) style brakes.
the SSBC and other "retrofit disc brake" companies use the 67 4-piston caliper desing for their setups. You might geive them a call. Id send you my old 67 calipers but they are seized as well, which is why I have single-piston calipers now ::

·
Premium Member
19,198 Posts
It has disc brakes with 4 piston calibers, which neither I or my mechanic have never seen before!
May I suggest you find a new mechanic? 4 piston calipers are quite common on sports cars, race cars, and high-end cars with disk brakes. Our early Mustangs had them, until Ford decided cost was more important!

·
Registered
35,922 Posts
Here's a link to the calipers...

CJ Pony Parts

You can also send for a detailed report on your car from Marti Auto Works...

Marti Auto Works

The 4-piston calipers are a great setup. Like the other post-er, I suggest you find a mechanic who has seen these before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts