Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not really but just about every panel is a repro. door skins, floors, trunk floors, quarter panels etc etc. I have just finished replacing the drivers door skin with a taiwan repro and amazingly it fitted perfectly. I wasn't going to fit the door skin as I have heard all the horror stories about the poor quality of repro stuff and also experienced it first hand. But I did it , my first door skin job, man it was very easy. So all you doorskin virgins out there give it a go.l

Tim Russell
Sale, Victoria, Australia

67 Convertible

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Beginners luck son.

Just kidding . Good to see thing going so well.
Better hurry Victorian winter closing in fast.
Actually Victorica is is one of the better places for a convertable. IMHO
Had a stag a few years back, too hot in Queensland during summer, drove around with the lid on and the humphery on high. Too cold in winter.

Maybe I'm just an old fart.

If at first you don't succeed , find a bigger hammer

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Does the door skin cover the entire outer door? A friend told me that on a 66 it doesn't come all the way up to the window.

66 Coupe, 302, Auto, 3.25 gears. Candyapple Red with White Pearl Stripes. Cragars.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Do the posts still go to the top again when somebody replys?
Just cheaking. I think its a good idea.

If at first you don't succeed , find a bigger hammer

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the door skin covers the entire door. I think the 66 skin does as well

Tim Russell
Sale, Victoria, Australia

67 Convertible

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Not right now. I think a lot of people were having problems figuring that out. I kinda like it.

66 Coupe, 302, Auto, 3.25 gears. Candyapple Red with White Pearl Stripes. Cragars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts