Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We who were able got together tonight and had dinner at Tony Romas in Redmond, and well, my wife's Exploder, I mean Explorer, had a visit from the Mustang Gods. It must have thought that hey, while all these guys are together I'm gonna burn up the alternator and make em work!! :: ::

So a quick run, courtesy 65Topless, to the local auto store netted me a new alternator. We then decided to go join everyone for dinner and ran out to his house to get the tools required to change it out after dinner. ::

A BIG thanks to Keith(65Topless), and Scott(Blkstlln), for helping making it a fairly painless procedure. Maybe took us about 25 minutes to change it. It ran like a top all the way home. Oh, I forgot 1 person. Thanks Ken Schall for holding the hood up. :: ::

Thanks again guys. Cindy and I really appreciate all the help. Keith, thank you for the run to the house for all the tools. You guys are great!!! :D :D

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
So, the next time one of your tecs books an hour for an alt change you can say..."Look buddy, 4 druken VMFers can do it in a dark Tony Roma's parking lot in under 25 minutes!" ;)

Nice work boys! ::

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Or "drunken" :: But alas it was too frigin humid for that. Since Keith brought a generator, charger and half his garage, I am suprised he didn't bring a portable AC unit :p ;)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I was wondering why everybody was gathered around the hood of your exploder last night. I figured you were just showing off the new noisy gear driven cam setup you installed! Glad to hear all worked out well.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
At least he didn't have it upside down so you could see the $$$$$$$$ transmission .

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so you could see the $$$$$$$$ transmission
That was low. What did I ever do to you??? :p :p :p :D

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Nothing . Just thought it was funny and would get some laughs .

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Thanks Ken Schall for holding the hood up.
So ya thinking 6 hands under there wasn't enough? ::
And I not only held the hood up...But I recall handing a wrench to someone!... :: :: ::

1 - 10 of 10 Posts