Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, when we hosted SWMBO's family for an early Christmas dinner, my nephew's fiancee asked if they could use my vert to drive away from the church after their wedding. I told her that it would be my pleasure, weather permitting. They are to be married March 8 in Columbus, and if there is foul weather (salt!), the car isn't going anywhere. SWMBO's brother's employer has a 30 year old Roller that is available for employees to borrow on request, so that is likely to be their plan B. Pretty cool that they prefer a vintage Mustang to a Roller!

If the extended forecast looks promising, I'll probably take it down to Columbus the week-end before and leave it in their garage. I'm not the least bit afraid of my nephew driving it. A couple of years ago, he co-drove with me in a solo and kicked my a$$ by about 1.5 sec. :p

BTW, this is not the first time that the car has done this duty. In Nov. 04, my niece also used it. She got lots of compliments for it. On the way to the church, the trans was showing some signs of distress, and it broke on the way home, nececcitating a rebuild. She was highly apologetic, but I told her that her husband had nothing to do with it--I probably dinged it during the last solo of the season.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not just Ohio--I've seen it in a number of places. IIRC, it began many years ago with Henry Manney in Road & Track.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts