Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My weekend started out great on Thursday by having the highest bid on a set of open letter COBRA "powered by ford" valve covers. Scored them for $160 shipped. These are the nat. aluminum covers Branda sells for $240.
Got even better when they arrived Friday!
Took them to the kitchen table with a trusty roll of Tamiya modeling tape and taped off the tops of the fins and laid on three wet coats of Krylon black wrinkle paint. Lots of heat with a heat gun and now they're done!

With the weather in the '60's all day, I pushed the project out into the driveway and applied more epoxy primer over my bodywork areas to cover the bare metal and filler. Another long discussion on a post on these forums....
I had some shipping damage on the door skins, and the typical damage around the edges from hammering them on I had to fill. Also primed the replacement taillight panel. I had an offshore that absolutly looked like crap. So out came the cutting tools and off it came!
Also had some minor dents on the roof panel I had to re-epoxy too.

Here she is tucked away back in the garage waiting on another pretty day:

It's been a long fun ride so far.....

But this is next!

Because I believe in this guys motto!

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you kidding me! It's going to be listed as a "EleanorShelbyBullittGTCobra Fastback"
Actually, I'm never planning on selling it, and the two boys (20 & 15) are already fighting over it in the will. I keep telling them I'm going to leave it to Charity. Now I need to find a well endowed stripper/hooker/girlfriend named Charity!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts