Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this year I have been a bit slow getting started but I have been working on my coupe for a month now, doing a lot of things, lots of detail work to get the car as close to concours "looking" as possible. I will probably never get to full concours because I really love my 67 wheels, and love the color of the car, and love the power of the 4 bbl carb and mild cam, but I am certainly going to get it looking like concours!
Here is what I am doing:
Replacing the entire brake system.
Replacing the carpeting.
Restoring the original steering wheel myself to be correct with the deluxe interior.
Stripped down the tailpanel and repaint (paint had lots of defects).
Repaint inside the trunk.
Customizing the original type of aircleaner to fit under the hood with the edelbrock carb and intake (a big thanks to Gene for the welding help).
Customizing the snorkel to fit.
Installing the original valve covers.
Installing new drip rails.
Installing new spring saddles on upper control arms.
Reproducing the factory overspray on the undercarriage.
Reproducing the paint dabs and stripes from the factory.
Painting the rear leaf srings and upper control arms "bare metal color".
Stripping down the fuel line to bare metal.
Replacing the radiator hose clamps to correct original style.
Replacing the heater hoses to concours correct.
Installing an original AM radio, then installing an AM FM in glove compartment.
Installing the Deluxe Interior seat trim and other Deluxe Interior details.
Lots of little paint detail on the undercarriage to make it close to concours correct.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/568000-568999/568597_202_full.jpg

·
1,215 Posts
WOW...that's one heck of a list!

I only wish I had a heated garage that has enough room in it to work on the convertible during the winter. I'd say if you get half of that stuff done this winter you will be way ahead!

Looks great Randy

·
Registered
279 Posts
WHAT MOTIVATION. CAN YOU TAKE SOME PICTURES OF THE RADIO INSTALL IN THE GLOVE BOX. I AM SURE OTHERS WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED AND BENEFIT FROM YOUR LABOR. I HAVE THOUGHT OF DOING THIS AND INSTALLING A RADIO WITH A REMOTE CONTROL THERE. DID YOU MAKE A MOUNTING PLATE TO SECURE OR JUST LAY INSIDE. WITH THE CARDBOARD GLOVE BOX THERE ARE A LOT OF POSSIBILITIES. DAVE

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave,
Actually have not figured out how I am going to install the radio in the glove box yet :lol: It will be one of the last things I do, but yes I will post how I did it. I will also post how I am restoring the deluxe steering wheel which is turning out a lot easier then I originally thought!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Randy,
That sounds grate! Looking forward to see her all "done".
Even I was able to install my radio in the glove box, so you should have no problems. It isn't pretty, but it works. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts