Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's a list of items I'm working on...

Front end was very twitchy...
Last winter I removed the power steering, had the box rebuilt, added GW upper and lower arms, TCP strut rods, baer bump steer kit, koni shocks and BFG g-force sport tires.
I think my problem comes from adjusting the bump steer without setting the camber and caster first? I zero'd the bumpsteer by cycling the suspension without the coil springs and sway bar attached, it needed all the spacers between the tie rod and the Granada spindle to get the best reading. off to get an aligment,on the rack we could only get .5 degrees of positive caster before the sleeve on the strut rods ran out of thread (tcp shipped 12" sleeves with their kit) called them and they say trim the sleeves, I trimmed the sleeves 3/8" on both ends, this will give me another 3/4" of adjustment and should allow me to get the caster I need, this is done! now I need to back to the alignment shop, line it up and adjust bump steer!

Pinion angle:
after 347 and TKO600 transplant last summer my tail shaft measured 8 degrees and the rear axle was at 3 degrees, there was a vibration above 60 mph, I have 1" lowering blocks from NPD, last week I removed them and had them machined 4 degrees, this will put the rear axle at 7 degrees and cancel the vibraton.

sticking secondary needle and idle circuit gremlins..
I believe this is from sea monkeys in the original gas tank, at one point I had my car in storage for 15 years.
solution: new 20 gal tank for a 70 mustang, I guess I'll need a new sending unit as well?

leaking right rear axle seal - replace axle seal :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Whewwww!! Got your hands full. Good job on all the progress and diagnosis of those pesky little nuances.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts