Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is a '65 coupe. This cable goes between the original main disconnect on the right side of the brake pedal and provides a new firewall penetration connector. Red, orange and white wires "T" off to a three prong female connector. Since I got the car as a basket case, I do not know where they went. The '65 wiring diagrams don't seem to show any such "add on/adaptor" cable. Just curious. Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Are you sure it's a "D5..." and not a "C5..."? D5 is a 1975 part.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct. It is a C5. The label is old, torn and somewhat dirty. Thanks for looking. The rest of the number appears to be correct.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
My Ford parts books doesn't list a 396. 395 and 397, yes, 396, no. You might want to double check that again. It's heater-related, if only one of your last two digits is off.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should have gotten out the loop earlier. It is actually 336 and NOT 396. Sorry about the errors. If the heater was an option in '65, could it have been an adapter cable if you had the option? The car did have a heater and air at one time.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Sorry, I'm not being much help, but only 18336 part I can see is D2OZ-18C336-A, which is a 1972 AC blower housing bracket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts