Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi team. I can’t figure out what mustang this is. It looks like a 1969 but I can’t find a model match. All the 69’s from what I can tell have a vent near the rear axel on both sides and this one clearly doesn’t. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
1969 Sport Coupe...the owner probably just removed the rear vents by the doors. 69 was the only year with 4 head lights.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
how about posting a vin or door tag if still there

could be a 70 with a 69 front clip. Ive seen a few of those back in the day

·
Registered
8,981 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
Whether it's a '69 with the "air extractors" deleted or a '70 with a '69 front clip it looks much better than a stock '69. It could also be a '69 with '70 replacement quarter panels.

Here's another one.
Yup, and somebody did the metal work to make the federally required side markers vanish on that one too.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Actually only the Mach1 and the boss 429 had the scoops. GT, Boss 302and rest did not. Just fyi.

·
Premium Member
9,535 Posts
Actually only the Mach1 and the boss 429 had the scoops. GT, Boss 302and rest did not. Just fyi.

Which "scoops" are you talking about- the fake brake cooling scoops? The Boss 302 was the only '69 SportsRoof that DID NOT have them.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
^^^
wow never knew that or at least realized it

·
Premium Member
9,535 Posts
wow never knew that or at least realized it

The story I've heard is that Larry Shinoda, father of the Boss 302, did not like them because they were non-functional so they were deleted on the B2. But every other version of the '69 SportsRoof got them. Personally I like them and Shinoda should have made them functional.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Personally I like them and Shinoda should have made them functional.
+1...if I ever finish restoring my 67 Fastback, my next car is going to be a 69.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Yep age caught up to me. I was thinking GT did not because my vert did not. Sad part was that saw one last summer with them lol. As far as sportsroofs, I was thinking low line did not have them but googled provided the answer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts