Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Name your shop.........body, motor, machine, jack of all trades.

20711 Views 55 Replies 40 Participants Last post by  Tom289
Please use this thread to post any shops you have had excellent dealings with in the regional area in the past and you would recommend to anyone needing work done. Please remember this is not a "don't go here" thread....any thing like will be removed.
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
Alignments -

Dorrs Shell
1229 Generals Highway
Crownsville, MD 21032
410-923-6984

A few miles north of the Annapolis Mall

I had mine done yesterday for $42.50 and it took about an hour - watched the whole time too :)

· Registered
6 Posts
This wasn't specifically mentioned in the topic, but ...

Exhausts -

Roberts Custom Exhaust LLC
847 Highams Ct, Woodbridge, VA 22191
(703) 492-4654

Robert's is a one-man operation, open Mon-Thur only, and you have to make appointments well in advance of when you want something done (i.e. 1-2 month waiting list), but there's a reason he has that many customers -- he's been doing this for probably 20 years and he's the best I've ever been to. Bar none. Did the work on both my muscle cars and my '04 F-150.

· Registered
351 Posts
I've got two great experiences with shops in the Northern Virginia Area.

Robert's Custom Exhaust has already been mentioned. My own experience with Robert was great. Highly recommended in my book.

Ted Britt Ford. Bought my '66 in March, and then discovered the spacer plate between the engine and bell housing had not been installed. This is a 351W in a '66 so it is nowhere near factory. Ted Britt has a couple of senior mechanics with vintage mustang experience willing to do the work. They seemed a litle uneasy about finding the parts, so I took that on. Asked them to put in an alterstart mini starter at the same time. Once the parts were my problem they were eager to work on a vintage car. Great job, quick turn-around and reasonable price.mo

· Registered
80 Posts
R&J automotive in Fredericksburg, VA is a good place to have work done. I had floors and doors replaced here and the work was top notch. Price was fair. Chuck Tyler is the owner. Does quality work. He specializes in early mustang restoration.

Dave

· Registered
91 Posts
I like Ralph Evans at E&G Bodyshop in White Marsh ( Northeastern Baltimore County). I've known him for about 20 years, and he's done a LOT of mustangs. (410) 335-5566 is his number. He recently declined restoring a 72 convertible that I asked him about - said he's not doing 71-73's anymore. Prefers 65-68. Tell him Greg Purdy sent ya!

· Registered
190 Posts
Greg, thanks for the tip. i just called Ralph to set up time this winter to get my fastback straightened out, and he seemed like a great guy who knows his stuff.. i'll report back.

· Registered
91 Posts
Good - let me know how it goes.

The first time I met Ralph, he and his former partner brought a 65 or 66 convertible to Carlisle on a rotisserie. They had restored 1/2 of it, right down the middle. That was a real good advertisement. He knew Mustangs real well back then, and that was about 20 years ago. I've seen a lot of cars go through his shop. I'm sure you'll be happy. :D

· Registered
195 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone from S.E. PA know of a new venture we have going. Myself, and 2 partners have opened up a small muscle car garage in Harleysville, PA. That's just up from the Landsale exit of the Northeast Extension. It's called Fuzzy Dice Autos. We don't specialize in Mustangs, but have a very competent mechanic on board. Between him and me, we have a pretty good grasp on vintage Mustang mechanicals. We currently are not doing any body restoration, but can handle engine, drivetrain and suspension work. Rates are reasonable and as we are just getting started, we don't have a backlog of work yet. We may also consider renting out time on our 2-post lift if our insurance allows it. More on that later.

We plan on doing a few cruise-ins this summer and would be very happy to have some VMF'ers come by to show off their cars. I'm the only Ford guy in the shop as the other 2 partners are Corvette/Chevelle types. So I'll appreciate some back-up when we have a cruise. I'll post the dates here as we get them organized.

You can leave a post here if we can help you, or contact me at home at 610-489-0176.

Ken

· Registered
351 Posts
Machine Shop -
A couple of weeks ago a posted a question to see if anyone knew of a good machine shop in Northern Virginia. Somewhat later I found a very strong recommendation on the Motorhead web site for Fairfax Auto Machine. I'm using them now - so far so good.

· Registered
24 Posts
Christiana Muscle Car Restoration

We are a Mustang Restoration shop located in Northern Delaware. We can handle anything from full rotisserie restorations of Boss 302's to smaller upgrades that you may want to make to your Mustang.

Currently we are rolling a completed 1970 Mustang Boss 302 out of the shop and have time and space for your restoration.

To learn more about us and to see our past work check out our web site:

http://www.CMCResto.com

Thanks for looking and I look forward to talking to you about your car...
Erich Bollman
Christiana Muscle Car Restoration
520 Terminal Ave
New Castle, DE 19720
[email protected]

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.