Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may recall 2 days ago Laurie had decided trouble didn't stripes on the side :: (original post here)

Well a little photoshop magic has Laurie seeing the light.
After a couple attempts I think I got the gt350 inspired stripe in the right spot on the car...not too high...not too low....

http://users.zoominternet.net/~dodgeram/trouble7.jpg

But here is where the problem comes in....Laurie asked for another semi custom rendition....of a 69 inspired stripe....well here that one is:

http://users.zoominternet.net/~dodgeram/trouble6.jpg

http://users.zoominternet.net/~dodgeram/trouble8.jpg

I don't envy Laurie right now...because I LOVE them both and can't decide which one I like better. I think they both add a really nice side element that really sets the car out even more than it already is.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I really like the 69 style, but the Trouble in it is just a little blah looking or something, I cant nail it down, dont know if its the font, the location or the color.. but it just looks awkward to me. The Trouble in the lower stripe looks great where its at. Regardless of the decision made its going to be a sweet car.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually the trouble in the second is a relief....so the color is actual car color....the letters were removed from the striping layer, I just used a basic arial bold font to convey the ideas on location and design. I see the need for a special font to be purchased ;)

Its hard to convery lettering in a low res JPG without going straight to a block form to get the point across ;)

·
Registered
792 Posts
I think I like the first one better. The "Trouble" in the 69 style doesn't work for me.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I would have to vote for #3, the mach1 stripe without the lettering. there's just something wrong with it, maybe the letters are too small for the size of the stripe.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
for the 69 style, it's missing the behind the rear wheel fade section. The word "TROUBLE" should be a little smaller (I know, hard enough in it current resolution). The Gold stripe could have either a black or white highlight, but that would throw off the rest of the car.

On the other hand, the GT 350 stripe looks pretty darn good.

Is it too late to do some white pinstriping along the gold Le Mans stripes?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i like the second pic without the "trouble"in the stripe. it looks really sharp. maybe putting trouble on a personalized plate and leaving the stripe solid just a suggestion.randy ::

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
Thanks Nick! Oh, choices, choices...I love the first picture of the rocker stripe, but gee, that 69-style looks really sweet, too. I'm so confused! ::

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's an idea that might make it easier, you were concerned about color matches stripe to stripe. The eye will pick up any color change from the 69 stripe alot easier than it would from the gt350 stripe because of size and proximinty to the other stripes.

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Rocker panel stripe for sure... ever thought about doing a full top and middle strip on the rocker panel and putting 'trouble' like cloney has his 'clone'? It'd be very subtle and very classy...

-bob

·
Registered
230 Posts
i like the g.t. 350 stripe the best. imo it adds style but yet it doesnt overdue the stripe if u know what i mean. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Would it make it too "busy" if the stripe ran the full length of the car with the wider stripe on the door (2nd pic). Then, maybe move "Trouble" away from the front edge of the door, centered between the small gold stripes, and make the lettering gold with blue background (like in the 1st pic)? You did a marvelous job with your current renditions. Isn't it great to have the means to see just how a car would look with different stripe configurations?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I like the gt350 stripes the best, the other two just look way too big.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I personally prefer the first one (GT350 style stripe) I adds just enought flavor to the car. As oppose to the other two, which in my opinion, is gettin' to be a bit to much. But, that's just my opinion! :)

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
The middle stripe reminds me of the 69/70 Shelby stripe. Why not go that route and have the stripe run from headlight bucket to trunk end cap? Then you could put "Trouble" ahead of the front wheel opening(where the GT500 letters would be on a 69/70 Shelby). Or else put the Trouble letters on the side scoop like a California Special. Sorry Laurie - more choices.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts