Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike has spent a lot of money the past few months, in a very short time to get his Shelby clone/replica done while there's still driving season.
One vendor in particular has sent numerous inferior parts. Today Mike called them about some parts he returned and was expecting replacements. He has also sent them photographs of some of the horrible parts we felt we were stuck with and are now on the car.
The salesperson taking the call was arrogant, obnoxious, failing to listen to the concerns and down right insulting.
He said "you've never owned a Shelby, you don't know what the parts are supposed to look like" and said Mike would just have to "accept that is the best they could do." Mike's retaliatory statement "I have lots of friends on the internet, do you want me to post what is the best you can do?" got his attention. His tone changed dramatically. He finally gave a invoice number we can use with UPS to pick up the remaining parts, so he "can find more acceptable pieces in the warehouse."
So for the time being any way, threat of VMF and other Mustang sites may have helped.
There is much more to the story that I won't post right now pending the outcome.
Thanks,
J.

·
6,855 Posts
Good Luck with that.

The only time I really had this issue was with the chrome "hockey-stick" trim around the back corners of the top on my convertible. I had a certain well-recognized parts place send me a set, send me a replacement set, and then send me a third set because the chrome was all screwed up on them. All 6 went back to them and I had to cancel my order (and eat all the shipping costs too as I recall). I ordered a set from NPD and they looked great.

I don't know why every single one the first place sent me looked like crap and NPD's were fine. I would ASSUME that the same manufacturer makes parts for both places...but maybe not.

Anyway, as I said, good luck finding acceptable parts.

Phil

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Go get em Mike! Obviously the sales rep doesn't know who he is dealing with. He must hate his job if he likes to jeopardize (sp?) his job like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts