Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my lucky engine got head today! And it will again by monday! I had to stop in the middle because my girlfriend was coming over.

But, I leave for berkeley in 2 weeks, the hope is to get the twin turbo 5.0 driving at least once before I go! I'm running out of money quick, this fuel injection crap is expensive once you push the 400 HP mark!

As for the heads, i put on some positive type valve seals, then used a sanding drum on the air grinder (actually 3 of them) to polish the outer wall of the chambers, and I took off the small ridge shrouding the valves from the quench area. I hope to have increased low and high lift flow a bit and drop compression for the turbos. We'll see how that goes. No time to CC all the chambers.

On a last note, i got some rust pits on the sealing surface of the head, and made some really shallow guages with the sanding roll, so i wire wheeled them smoothe and liberally used copper gasket sealer spray crap on the head and gasket. If i blow a HG with the thing running pig rich it will be time for some GT40's or better (but that will be another summer)

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
You're going to stop in Davis on your way and show me that car so we can take pictures, right!?

I want a ride! =0

I'd hate to need to abuse my administrative authority in the UC system's computers and find out where your dorm room is and where you park your car...... :)

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
You really should get the heads decked..especially with boost.

·
Registered
858 Posts
ewwwww berkely...i HATE HATE HATE berkely!!! WORST TOWN EVER, full of dirty smelly repulsive liberal loving communist social scum bag hippies ive EVER met, not 1 logical peson did i meet, nor did i ever meet anyone that gave me a straight answer and just beat around the bush...and plus the traffic is HORRIBLE, i spent 20min in 1 lane just to get up to the front! i will NEVER go to that sorry excuse for a city again! :: ::

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey, im going to be an engineer, so im not THAT bad. and hey im going for the education, i dont really care about anything else.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm broke, so we'll just have to see what happens.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah the car stays within 10 miles of my house... for obvious reasons :D Although it IS perfect for street racing, no interior at all, no A/C, just a rolling shell that accelerates really quickly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts