Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend was helping me with some welding last weekend and brought over his 69 Z/28 with perfect hugger orange and white stripes and parked it at the end of my drive way.
Long story short - I was cutting some metal on the driveway and the cutting wheel shattered - the biggest piece flew directly towards the Z - and like a firsbee made a swift left turn just missing the hood and fender.

Funny how many things go through your mind in that split second that the wheel was airborn, like: Can they match the paint or will thay have to do the whole car? My paint budget will have to go towards repairing his car. Will my car look so bad if I drive it in black primer for now? Dam!...that was my last cutting wheel. Why did he park it there? I'll deny I did it.

Moral of the story: Chevy friends are nothing but trouble. (just kidding)

·
Registered
680 Posts
A mere Chevy sacrificed is a small price to pay, when you are working on a FORD....Lucky it went for the car and not your head....that's no fun at all...

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
As fordnut said, glad it didn't go for you.

One of the guys in our shop had a grinding disc break apart and run up his chest to his neck (at his previous employer). 100+ stitches later, and one heck of a nasty scar, he came to work for us.

A reminder to be careful out there.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Wasn't any little puddles between your feet were there? Sheesh!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts