·
I won a special award
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: supershifter2

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
If that were a real Boss 302 engine/trans combo that could be fired up and run, with a stool straddled over the trans with functional pedals, I'd see the point. If that's not a real Boss drivetrain, they're smoking crack.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
For that much $$, I would be disappointed by the cheap plastic cap used to cover the end of the thermostat housing.

Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Machine Electric blue

Reactions: mustang_paul

·
Registered
12,458 Posts
It was the standard transmission. 4 speed was the option. :p
Not sure if you're kidding, but the 69-70 Boss 302 was available with a 4-speed only. You could opt for close ratio or wide ratio. No three speed. No automatic.

The base transmission for the 69-70 Mach 1 was indeed a 3-speed manual.

·
I won a special award
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure if you're kidding, but the 69-70 Boss 302 was available with a 4-speed only. You could opt for close ratio or wide ratio. No three speed. No automatic.

The base transmission for the 69-70 Mach 1 was indeed a 3-speed manual.
I know they were 4 speed only. I was just being a wise a$$ because it would be ridiculous to have a 3 speed behind a Boss 302.

Reactions: Klutch

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not true- I will have to check what year, but a friend has a Boss 302 that came from the factory with a 3 speed. No options, not even a tach. It does have clock.
I think he is original owner - he calls it his honeymoon coupe, as that is what they drove on their honeymoon.

·
I won a special award
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not true- I will have to check what year, but a friend has a Boss 302 that came from the factory with a 3 speed. No options, not even a tach. It does have clock.
I think he is original owner - he calls it his honeymoon coupe, as that is what they drove on their honeymoon.
I have a hard time believing that. Why would one of Ford's premier high performance specialty Mustangs come with a low performance econo transmission? If it had a three speed in it, either someone replaced the 4 speed with it or the Toploader only worked in 3 gears.

·
Registered
12,458 Posts
Is it actually a Mustang Coupe? That would also be a negatory. There were no Boss 302 Coupes. And your friend is mistaken. The base trans for the Mach 1 Mustangs was a 3-speed manual. (My car was one of those.) But the Boss 302 Mustangs were available with a 4-speed only. The tachometer was indeed optional.

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
You can't make a table from just anything. Exhibit A. Just doesn't flow with that shaker on top.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts