Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm looking at having similar surgery- disk removal and fusion. The incision would look like yours. So far physical therapy has kept me from having to have the surgery. Speedy recovery to you!

Good luck with it. I put up with this for several long years before finally submitting to the dark side. It's going to be a, "Pay Me Now, Or Pay Me Later" sort of deal. If it is a physical abnormality...it's not going to fix itself and therapy does help...but not forever. I went through therapy and it made mine much much worse. Good luck and take care of yourself.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wow, yesterday was a cluster...Harbor freight has a so called cover, to park a car under. My wife got a new VW Tiguan (4 door small SUV) last month and loves it. She did not want to trade in her '09 bunny so it's been parked under the front oak trees and getting sap on it. She still drives it, just not frequently. I went and got the $119 cover, just to last for a year or so and then expand the garage parking. I went to get in my F150 and turn the key...and it is cranking...but no start. Great! I feel like crap and now this, 25 miles away. I tried it several times and no go. I whip out the AAA Premium card and call. Help is only an HOUR away. Ugh...getting worse. I walk across to Booger King and get an order of onion rings (there goes the keto for the day...lol) and sit down with a drink. About 30 min later I notice some guys sort of hanging around the front of the truck. Well, the tow guy had called me earlier and said he was finishing a job and would be there in a while. Meanwhile, he had send three teenagers to "Jump Start" the truck. I told the AAA idiot woman that I did not need a jump, I needed a tow. She promptly told the driver that I needed a jump. Idiocy at it's best. I finally walked over to the truck and realized they were sent to jump me off. NO, do not need a jump. It cranks fine, just No start! I asked one of the kids to pull a coil wire (4.2L V6) and see if it had any spark. He did and nothing. I stood there about 2 more min. and looked over at the coil pack (I replaced two weeks ago because it was missing on a cylinder. This engine is not coil on plug wire, it's just one coil pack). and though I saw a connector to it, loose. I asked the kid to reach in and make sure it is tight. He did...and it had popped off. Reckon I did not push it on enough to snap in, when I replaced. Started it right up. I told the kids thanks and gave them a $20 to get some cold drinks, It was dang hot in that parking lot (95 F), and they left. I called the tow truck guy and told him and said to just charge the company for a jump start and he said he will, because that is the only way to bill them for this. Got home...ate and took a pain pill and it never did knock this pain down because I waited wayyyy to long. Ugh. I won't take anything and drive, so I had to wait until I left the store and got home about 1pm. Not even supposed to be driving. I tried to give the HF guy $5 for bring the cover out to the truck and he said they could not take tips anymore. That's kind of crappy for them. Someone goes above and beyond, I like to give them a little something, anyway. I sure as heck could not lift that thing. Lesson!!! Always check the last thing you worked on....it took me about 5 min overall to realize that was the problem. :wink:

21 - 22 of 22 Posts