Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear seat metal springs are rusted through in a few spots. I haven't been able to find replacements in any of the parts places like-Mustangs Unlimited, NPD, or Year One. Any suggestions? Or does anyone have a set they would be interested in selling?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Try putting it in the wanted section also, but do you need a coupe/fastback/vert seat?Also just the upper/lower or both? Someone on this forum has extras of each just let us know

·
Registered
35,852 Posts
The 65-70 fastback rear seat frame is available new. The 65-70 coupe rear seat is not, but is dirt-common used. The 65-70 convertible is getting very hard to find. You'll have to make a lotta calls to find one.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Also... pretty sure they still dont make repo coupe/vert rear seat foam. Fastback they should because of dynacorn bodies. The previous mustang shop i worked for in the sd area had at least 15 coupe seats, 2 or 3 vert and a few fastback. I can give you their number if you pm me but they think they are worth gold

·
Registered
35,852 Posts
Also... pretty sure they still dont make repo coupe/vert rear seat foam. Fastback they should because of dynacorn bodies. The previous mustang shop i worked for in the sd area had at least 15 coupe seats, 2 or 3 vert and a few fastback. I can give you their number if you pm me but they think they are worth gold
There was no foam in the coupe and convertible rear seats. Just burlap and cotton batting. Glazier/Nolan has a whole pile of coupe rear seats.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Sorry thats what i meant, every other seat I've ever take out of a coupe seems to be eatten my critters/ have critters still living in it ;_)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I am mew at this. It is a coupe, and I am in the Piedmont Triad area of N.C. The bottom is the worst, the top may be salvageable. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
seats

Don's Mustangs in Charlotte has a mustang junk yard w/ a lot of parts. You might try him. 704-547-0774

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hi,
I would think that coupe rear seats should be pretty plentiful and reasonable in N.C. After holding onto them for over 20 years I tossed out three just last weekend (spring cleaning). Fastback and convertible are a different story, Id check your local craigslist.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
66 seats

Thanks for the info. I will check the place in charlotte for seats and maybee some other items.:pirate:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I have a nice seat bottom in black with original upholstry. Send me a p/m if you are interested. I am not that far away from you,maybe an hour at best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts