Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't seem to win with these seats for the convertible. I picked up a set of seat bottom upholstery and seat backs from Rod but they were deluxe seat bottoms which won't fit the standard. Then I got a complete set of upholstery from Al but the seat backs are from a 68 and there are 3 seat bottoms and one upper. Unfortunately we already tore the seats apart so we're at the point of no return to just use the vinyl seat bottoms from Rod.
I can use the seat backs from Rod and most of the set from Al. So now I am really stretching here and I just need 1 66 black comfort weave upper seat upholstery to complete the set.
It still won't match the back seat because that is all vinyl but at least it will all be black.

Anybody have one? anyone? I have pony seat bottoms to trade or 68 seat backs or a 66 seat bottom.

·
Registered
10,003 Posts
Darrell, next time you know you will be where I am, bring those covers along and I'll give you a refund. Unless you sell them to somebody else. Sounds like at the latest the CVMC show at the Autobahn.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rod. I have no complaints about them I just didn't know the bottoms were different. Besides I will be using the seat backs from what I got from you so no worries.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a set of 65 original covers in green that might work you can hit them with shoe dye. If nothing else works. Can't get to them till Tuesday.
Mark

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually I got it all wrapped up. I ended up ordering a full seat and just using the seatback. so now I have a pair of 66 standard seat bottoms and a pair of deluxe seat bottoms in black extra. E-Bay here we come! Thanks for the offer though!

I have a set of 65 original covers in green that might work you can hit them with shoe dye. If nothing else works. Can't get to them till Tuesday.
Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts