Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a guy willing to trade his 1956 BIG WINDOW f-100 pickup, with an automatic tranny (ie, this is a rare truck, lol) for my '56 F-600.

The problem is he is in MN, my truck is in Butte, MT.

I don't have a car hauler. Moving a 600 requires a big truck, the 600 alone weighs 5,000#s plus the compressor, so a lot.

I mean there is the idea to drive the 600 there, which is a 1000 miles in a truck I've never driven more than 1 mile on weathered tires... which makes for a mess when you throw in I would need something to tow his back with (its complete but I'm not driving an untested 53 year old anything 1000 miles).

We where straight up trading, so I figure moving things should be an equal effort.

I don't really have a lot of money to spend on trying to do this, meaning I can't pay to even have one of the trucks professionally moved.

Anyone got any ideas? The truck is EXACTLY what I've been trying to find for over a year, actually more than I thought possible, so it goes without saying I really want this to work out.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
Stephen67 said:
I mean there is the idea to drive the 600 there, which is a 1000 miles in a truck I've never driven more than 1 mile on weathered tires... which makes for a mess when you throw in I would need something to tow his back with (its complete but I'm not driving an untested 53 year old anything 1000 miles).
I think you're asking for a disaster with this idea.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Putting the F600 on an equipment trailer is the only way I see you getting this done. Find someone who has one and offer to trade some of your artwork/metalwork for use of it. Place an ad on Craigslist.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Trailer your truck for sure. Meet half way and have the flatbed that hauled the 600, bring the new one back. You would most likely be paying for a round trip no matter what and you can use a local flatbed since you pay to come home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts