Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:nerd:...that wouldn't mind pulling a research paper off of LexisNexis or another journal database to share with us.

The effects of engine oil additives on valve train wear
S. Shirahama M. Hirata
Lubrication Science 1(4):365 - 384 · July 1989

·
Registered
487 Posts
:nerd:...that wouldn't mind pulling a research paper off of LexisNexis or another journal database to share with us.

The effects of engine oil additives on valve train wear
S. Shirahama M. Hirata
Lubrication Science 1(4):365 - 384 · July 1989
I did some looking for you tonight (I'm an ME student at NDSU) and the only full text version of this I could find is behind a pay wall, even for students. I'll keep looking and see if I can find anything, but for now all I've got is the abstract. If I am able to download a full text pdf I will PM you my email so I can send it over to you.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Green, I hope you can crack it.
The SAE has another one I'd like to read: B. ****bill and J. Bennett, Ford Motor Co., “The Effects of Crankcase Oil Viscosity on Engine Friction At Low Temperatures,” SAE 2000-01-2052
They are both behind paywalls. Its been 12+ years since I was taking some tertiary classes and had LexisNexis access but at that time there was nothing I wanted that I couldn't pull out of it. We had the same privileges as the professors did even back as an undergrad.
The two are both cited by ZDDP Plus but in what look to me to be an ambiguous/dubious way for marketing.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks Green, I hope you can crack it.
The SAE has another one I'd like to read: B. ****bill and J. Bennett, Ford Motor Co., “The Effects of Crankcase Oil Viscosity on Engine Friction At Low Temperatures,” SAE 2000-01-2052
They are both behind paywalls. Its been 12+ years since I was taking some tertiary classes and had LexisNexis access but at that time there was nothing I wanted that I couldn't pull out of it. We had the same privileges as the professors did even back as an undergrad.
The two are both cited by ZDDP Plus but in what look to me to be an ambiguous/dubious way for marketing.
College student here, this stuff is paywalled. I can check my university database, but it's probably all geared toward aircraft engines. If you have a direct link that can be accessible by a student, i'd be happy to help.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
College student here, this stuff is paywalled. I can check my university database, but it's probably all geared toward aircraft engines. If you have a direct link that can be accessible by a student, i'd be happy to help.
Perhaps you can at least get the SAE article then.

Well maybe our A&M Aggie bastard school was especially accommodating. That's why i posed it to a college student. We were given pass codes each semester to register and get through the pay walls to access a data base(LexisNexis) with nearly everything published since the beginning of print for our "scholarly works." From news papers around the world, every magazine you could think of to medical research, the social sciences and engineering journals even Playboy & Penthouse articles and interviews:)(no pics for those though, we tried:grin2:).

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm able to find many journals/papers/studies on oils, viscosity, additives, effects on engine parts, etc. I can check with a researcher tomorrow about the two specific articles and see if i can access them, but is there a certain statistic you're looking for? I may be able to find you something if there's an aspect you want to research in particular.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I got the Lubrication Science journal today from my library, if anyone wants it just PM me your email and I can send it out to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts