Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a carb kit for my 2100. So, I have called 3 auto parts stores and all of them have told me the same thing....We can't help you without the tag number. What are the chances the tag is still on most of the carbs? Well, I haven't sen one in years! I used to pull them off, too! This has to be my payback....

Since everything is computerized now, and Auto Parts people have forgotten how to look in a real book, they have lost a skill.....

Anyway, if anyone has a 65 2bbl Mustang, with an automatic, carb tag number, could you pass it along to me?

Thanks in Advance........Gary

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
C5ZF-B

Dunno about the 2V's, but the Motorcraft 4V kit covers all the 4100's

Just forward of the primary throttle shaft on the left side the carb is stamped with the part number, sometimes too light to read...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Can't help with a tag number but I can give you some carb kit numbers. In Borg Warner brand kits, it's a 10035D. In Hygrade brand kits, it's a 586. Both fit 2100's from 1958 to 1974.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Did the car have a PCV valve originally? If so, then it might be a C5ZF-B.

If it had a road draft/vent tube, then it might be a C5ZF-H.

The venturi should be a 1.14, if it's one of the above carbs. You'll find that number behind the accelerator pump linkage.

Those numbers are from the Bob Mannel book, which is a goldmine of information. www.fordsmallblock.com

I say 'if' and 'might' because who knows if it's the original carb for the car?

Any other numbers on the carb?

I'm guessing a kit for either of the above carbs would work, but there are some differences between the 2100s, like the accelerator pumps.

Could you post a pic?

Robert

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I apologize for hijacking, but this question is so similar that it's not worth another thread:

I think (from diagrams in my Haynes manual) that I have an Autolite 2100-D carb (on a '71 351c-2v).

Would a rebuild kit be the same for 2100 and a 2100-D ?

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys........I called the NAPA store by my house and they have the kit in stock for $16.63! Can't beat that!

Thanks again........Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts