Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am working on a 65 coupe 289. its pretty much complete but I ran into some mechanic issues... the guys who were helping me rebuild the engine left out of town before we can finish. they got a new job opportunity so that leaves me hanging by a string.

the engine is in the car and connected to the trans. most of all the bolt ons are back on, but the vacuum lines need to be connected in the correct spots, radiator, time it correctly, set up the power steering, clean up the plug wires, etc...

I'm looking for a guy who knows how to work on ford engines. not looking to do any hot rodding, just want it to be stock, but run right. I have all the parts that are missing, just need someone who is trustworthy to work on this project and maybe a few in the future.

I don't mind bringing the car to where it needs to be , it just needs a destination. or my place is fine also.

anyone with any leads gets a 6 pack of their choice on me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey guys I am in a similiar situation. I am working on a 67 coupe and I am having a front end issue that has been bothering me since I got the car. It definitely needs an alignment, but in addition I will be driving and it will jerk to the side, its dangerous and uncomfortable to drive. New Steering Column, New Steering Box, New pitman arm, New idler arm.. I need someone with front end knowledge. I have a guy helping me who is a general mechanic, but I need someone with extensive front end knowledge to help me out, I don't mind turning a wrench, but Im still new to this hobby. I am in Los Angeles Near Gardena. If you guys have any recommendations I would much appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
I don't mind turning a wrench, but Im still new to this hobby. If you guys have any recommendations I would much appreciate it.

Sounds like all you should require is a Ford Shop Manual. It's all in there, easy to follow, you can do it.:thumbsup::smile2:

Attachments

·
rdnck1
209 Posts
Sounds like all you should require is a Ford Shop Manual. It's all in there, easy to follow, you can do it.:thumbsup::smile2:

I agree with 4ocious about getting some books. Been wrenching cars a long time and I still get the books out (bought all the books for my 65), ask for advice like you or use the net when I'm not sure. If you were around Chicago I would love to show you how to do it but your both too far away. You could also take Baz D up on his offer, give him food and beer! What's that saying about teaching a man to fish? Best of luck, Jim

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those are all fairly straight forward things. Where in LA are you? I'm based in Culver City and don't mind coming over to help you finish it off.

Hey guys, I've been away for a couple of weeks as my mom wasn't feeling well. thank god things are back to normal.

Bad D, if you would be willing to come down and check it out, that would be awesome!! Pm me and let me know what your schedule is like, I'm flexible and like I mentioned I live in the city about 5 minutes from the Grove/ Farmers market.

will keep every one posted.

thanks.

Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts